After spending a weekend in the lakes we decided to meet up in the middle with my wife's parents and children.The location being Central decided on the maypole .
We waited to be asked to the table but we ended up after waiting to go into the dining room which is just a large room two big tables in the middle tables round the edges there was no background music and it wasn't even a cosy atmosphere.We waited and was eventually served by a very young girl who had no idea. The food came my steak pie was warm the meals came out staggered and eventually we had to start eating individually as the meals were going cold the side orders came I had chips that looked like they had been scrapped from the scrap bin I asked for them to be replaced but when they returned they were the same chips but had just been re dipped in fat as the were just scraps burnt bad and now saturated by this time the steak pie had set.the child's menu came witha drink when we asked for this they asked'do you want it again the fish fingers were saturated .
My wife didn't eat hers but had a burger that was a brown t-cake bit a white on as you'd expect on a burger.
There was no atmosphere but any music would of bee drowned out by the noise from the staff rattling through the cutlery draw and banging into my seat.
We didn't get deserts as I felt any money would be better spent else where.
I then had to search for someone to pay which if I hadn't been with my in laws I wouldn't of.
The person who I assume was the land lord eventually found someone but never even asked if we had a good meal,probably as he knew from my face but when they still get paid are they bothered .
All in all very poor if you want a bad meal,service and atmosphere then try yourself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully restored 16th-century pub and restaurant with fully refurbished bedrooms. All bedrooms include flat screen TVs, hospitality trays and hair dryers and the best beds money can buy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Maypole Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maypole Hotel Long Preston
- Maypole Inn Long Preston, Yorkshire