“Everything we wanted”
Review of Maypole Inn

Maypole Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Long Preston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A lovely time spent at the Maypole Inn. Friendly bar service, great food and a beautiful room to stay in. All the staff were helpful and courteous and the owners are a lovely couple who made us feel very welcome.
A wonderful place to stay and everything we wanted from a country inn. We will definitely be heading back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam L

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We found this old coaching inn by chance on a long journey north to visit family. The welcome was warm and friendly and we were made very welcome by the helpful staff. The room was very comfortable and furnished with character . The en-suite was recently refurbished and the bath was very welcome after a long drive.
The three course evening meal was very good and great value. We then relaxed in front of the fire in the bar. Breakfast the next morning was substantial and very well cooked. It kept us going most of the day.
Wifi was an unexpected bonus
We will stay again when next in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C. T
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just had lunch with old art class buddies.Warm welcome prompt service and a roaring fire.we had 2 starters each rather than a main.Garlic mushrooms and then chunky pate.Good traditional pub atmosphere and a reasonable price.We are going again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The owners were so helpful, the room cosy, the food delicious. Wifi was available in rooms and downstairs in the pub. The inn is in the centre of a lovely village, there is a car park and the pub is dog friendly. This would be a great place to start and end a walk or a weekend of walks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Maxine2537
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stopped in at the Maypole on the way to visit friends in Yorkshire, it was purely a chance visit and we're so glad we did. The owners (who I believe are new) made us very welcome. The bar is cosy and welcoming ...also dog friendly..which is brilliant since so many places turn dogs away now. We slept in quite the most comfy bed in ages..although it was a smaller one than we're used to. I had a very pleasant meal in the restaraunt and my vegetarian partner was well catered for too...not the usual vegeburger or frozen vege lasagne rubbish so many places turn out. I'd say the decor is a bit tired but, since Malcom and Sue have only been here a few weeks I'm sure they'll work their magic in time. All in all I'd recommend the Maypole to anyone who likes their home comforts and good, locally produced, home cooked food. Cheers guys and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TiaJaney
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

After spending a weekend in the lakes we decided to meet up in the middle with my wife's parents and children.The location being Central decided on the maypole .
We waited to be asked to the table but we ended up after waiting to go into the dining room which is just a large room two big tables in the middle tables round the edges there was no background music and it wasn't even a cosy atmosphere.We waited and was eventually served by a very young girl who had no idea. The food came my steak pie was warm the meals came out staggered and eventually we had to start eating individually as the meals were going cold the side orders came I had chips that looked like they had been scrapped from the scrap bin I asked for them to be replaced but when they returned they were the same chips but had just been re dipped in fat as the were just scraps burnt bad and now saturated by this time the steak pie had set.the child's menu came witha drink when we asked for this they asked'do you want it again the fish fingers were saturated .

My wife didn't eat hers but had a burger that was a brown t-cake bit a white on as you'd expect on a burger.

There was no atmosphere but any music would of bee drowned out by the noise from the staff rattling through the cutlery draw and banging into my seat.

We didn't get deserts as I felt any money would be better spent else where.

I then had to search for someone to pay which if I hadn't been with my in laws I wouldn't of.

The person who I assume was the land lord eventually found someone but never even asked if we had a good meal,probably as he knew from my face but when they still get paid are they bothered .

All in all very poor if you want a bad meal,service and atmosphere then try yourself

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Sc03hey
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Recently called into the maypole for lunch I can only say one thing OMG !!!! !!! You walk in , greated by the open fire the new owners Mal and sue are very warm and welcoming
I had fish and chips , I can tell you now worth every penny the best I have had .
My partner had homemade soup and a sandwich . I can tell ya now they were both awesome
Give this place a try and a certain look in a few weeks they are decorating and making the place a home retreat
We will be making another visit very soon well done guys it's gunna be a good un that's for sure !!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Settle
The Traddock
The Traddock
#1 of 1 in Austwick

Been to Maypole Inn? Share your experiences!