“A great place to stay.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Richard W
La Romieu, France
“A great place to stay.”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in September 2015

I stayed with my two sons, daughter-in-law and a bunch of Matt's mates from Australia. They were over for fell walking from pub to pub, with about 15 miles of rugged hill between. Jen and I were backup drivers, delivering to the departure point (pub) and collecting them from destination (pub), where they were watching the WorldCup Rugby tournament. Another reason for their visit. Jen was mummy to them all, while we both did the shopping daily, and enjoyed excellent pub lunches in the area. while the lads were hiking the hills. We took our turn in cooking the evening meal, in the well appointed kitchen while they watched more rugby on the TV. Plenty of room for the 8 of us, plus we celebrated Matt's Grandpa' 99 'th birthday with other family members including my other daughter-in-law, Granddaughter, and first wife. A very large kitchen table and two comfortable living rooms, one with a wood burner making a cosy warm atmosphere. Lovely place to stay: could not fault it, and two minutes from the Buck Inn. I would revisit if I could!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing comes to mind.
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Feb 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us, we are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay at Clifford House Farm. It sounds like all of the guests were very well looked after, between the well equipped cottage and yourself and Jen being driver, chef, grocery shopper and everything in between! It is always wonderful to have a lovely warm place to call home after long days of hill walking, and we are so happy that you found that home here!
lincolnshire
Reviewed 13 April 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

Norwich
Reviewed 20 October 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54

Liked least: No view
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Norfolk
Reviewed 18 February 2010 for a stay in June 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Plenty of room, plenty of walks
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 55-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;