“Quiet spot, nice owners”

Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caineville
Sandy, Utah
“Quiet spot, nice owners”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I can't recommend web sites to book a room here. I had different fees at different times from one site, and the room fee was lower on site. The area is a bit junky, we had wind noise because of worn out threshold and door gaskets. The room was roomy and comfortable, but the tv was an old, small tube type. The ice machine was turned off, but the owners gave me some fridge ice. The location is very quiet, but you have to plan for a meal on your own. Breakfast is basic--cereal, a waffle machine, some fruit and juice. Be aware that there are a lot of new motels on both ends of the Park, so check things out.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room, quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moverbob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
Adirondack, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

For a hiker like myself staying here meant lower price than in Torrey and about 12 miles drive to a trailhead. My room consisted of two queen beds, had a microwave, refrigerator, old bulky TV set, dresser, coffee machine with supply of coffee and hot chocolate mix, table by the window with two chairs. I had a goodnight sleep in a comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotless. However I’m giving a lower rating because I found one towel was soiled and bed sheet had an old blood stain which is really not acceptable.

In the morning a breakfast was simple but very adequate. There were waffles, two types of cereal, miniature muffins, slices of bread, oranges and apples..

I’m not sure if I would stay again since this one nasty towel and sheet were a big turn off for me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Places
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night as it was a convenient waypoint between Moab and Bryce Canyon. It was good for that, clean and quiet. As we did not want a microwave dinner we chose to drive back to Hanksville where we had a great dinner. I don't think I would have been thrilled to stay there for a length of time but for a short period it was fine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Wanting a stop between Natural Bridges Park near Blanding and our next destination of Bryce Canyon we chose to stop in Caineville. This was the only place in town....nothing else there. Their website indicated a convenience store on site which turned out to be just a snack machine, the advertised laundry was not working, the ice machine was broken, our fridge was hard to adjust and froze everything, and the coffee pot was broken. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable and the owners very pleasant. It was the only place for miles and we appreciated not having to drive all the way to Bryce Canyon. If you don't have high expectations then you won't be disappointed. We don't know how they can make a living with this place but we were glad they were trying and made do with the inconveniences...

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 151kasandras
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I love places that are locally owned and off the beaten path and this Rodeway Inn definitely fits that category. This motel is in a remote location so be prepared. I think there are only 16 rooms. When I checked in, the housekeeper was filling in for the owners and she got me checked in quickly. She mentioned that the owners may actually be moving on soon, so I hope this place stays open.

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. They actually put together a little binder full of information on local attractions which I found quite helpful. It mentioned that wifi was available in the office area and some guest rooms - I was on the opposite end of the building from the office and I was able to get a decent signal. There was no cell service at all. The room featured updated furniture, a large flat-screen TV (with an individual DirecTV receiver featuring the full channel lineup - nice!), and adequate power outlets (a must these days).

The nearest services are about 20 minutes east in Hanksville so make sure to fill up and eat on your way here. They do sell some frozen meals, snacks, and drinks in the lobby. The free breakfast was basic but it hit the spot. There were some breads, a couple varieties of cereal, and make-your-own waffles. The pool and hot tub weren't open.

If you're visiting Capitol Reef or other attractions in south-Central Utah, I highly recommend this motel. It's obvious the owners take pride in it and it shows.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We were on a trip to see the Mighty Five National Parks of Utah and we booked this inn because of its proximity to Capitol Reef. The family who runs the place was very accomodating. They went above and beyond because we had no cell phone reception and needed to make an emergency call. The rooms were spacious and clean. There was wifi and a handy fridge and microwave in the room. We ate at Patios (closer to Torrey), but I noticed that the family sold a few frozen items in the lobby of the inn. They left the key out for us as we got in late (9 pm).

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hailey, Idaho
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a cold foggy day hiking in Capitol Reef and abandoned plans for a backpack overnight camping trip! We were headed towards Henrieville in search of a hotel. But a few miles outside of Capitol Reef (to east) we found this little gem. The young couple running the place were friendly and welcoming! They are definitely recreation oriented, were curious about our travels and some good ideas of places to go. The place looked modest outside but rooms were very nice. There was a VERY friendly motel cat (belonged to managers) who wanted very much to participate in my cooking. (The managers kindly allowed me to cook on the outside porch with my backpacking stove.) A nice little breakfast and we were on our way towards Boulder the next morning and a climb out of the fog! I think this place would be a great stop over in the prime hiking-camping seasons of spring and fall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CindyChoj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caineville
Capitol Reef Resort
#1 of 2 in Hanksville
Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and General Store
Days Inn Torrey Capital Reef
Affordable Inn of Capitol Reef

Been to Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef? Share your experiences!