“New Management”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caineville
Portland
“New Management”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We found our room to be basic and clean. Good value for the price.
All amenities working while we were there.

We met the new hotel management staff who at the time had only been there less than 2 weeks. Staff exhibited a great attitude.

Hotel is a 25-30 minute drive from Torrey, Utah. It is however only about 10 minutes from the Capitol Reef Visitors center. Capitol Reef National Park is a magnificent area which we highly recommend.

Be aware that the hotel is isolated and there are no restaurant options in the immediate vicinity. Hotel does have a small convenience center where they stock frozen dinners.

Room Tip: Wireless internet may be stronger closer to the office as we had no issue but notice others mentione...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CanadafansPortland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed several nights while exploring Capitol Reef NP and points east. It's a good location if you're varying your plans based on weather. The Caineville entrance into Cathedral Valley is 0.4 miles from the motel. From here there are easy day trips to Goblin Valley SP, Horseshoe Canyon (district of Canyonlands NP), the Waterpocket Fold (via Notom Road), or the Capitol Reef scenic drive.

The location is remote, and has no cell phone service, but the internet service is good. There are no other businesses nearby, as far as we could tell. There is some packaged food for sale in the lobby, or you can bring your own from elsewhere. We found the ice machine and washer/dryer all working fine. The gas grill ran out of fuel, and the managers offered to drive to Hanksville immediately for a fresh fill... great attitude!

Our end room on the second floor was surprisingly spacious and totally quiet. We aired it out with a few minutes of desert breeze and then it smelled fine. There was plenty of very hot water and a strong refrigerator, but the microwave seemed weak - several minutes to boil a cup of water. All linens were clean. The management is new but has a great attitude, lots of energy, and will learn fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RollingStone99
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would have given this travel-lodge style motel three stars except for a faint but persistent odor which I had a hard time getting used to, and would prevent me from returning. The location, though remote is quite beautiful and less than a half hour to Capitol Reef NP, but even closer to roads to Cathedral Valley and the Burr Trail, so it's certainly an option to be considered for travelers. My room on the second floor was basic, not luxurious, but did the job. Check in service was friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I feel like I found a jewel on our way! I planned to step in a motel in Hanksville -which was closer- but noone picked up the phone (travel mid may, low season). So we ended up puhsing our way to Rodeway Inn. On the short trip between Hanksville and Caineville, landscape was magnificient (end of afternoon/ early evening)! We ended up in the middle of nowhere in a very comfy and clean room (heater working as a charm, hair dryer, microwave, fridge, coffee machine...). Washer/dryer in the building. Good deal for the price.
The only negative point I see is that the comforter could use a wash (some spots here and there).
Don't expect wifi or phone service but that too is the charm of a luxury motel put in the middle of wonderful mountains!
Very easy trip to Capitol Reef. Will go again on our next trip!!

Room Tip: Rooms 207 and 208 are just next to laundry room so could be "people" traffic, don't kn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Demi007
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I can't recommend web sites to book a room here. I had different fees at different times from one site, and the room fee was lower on site. The area is a bit junky, we had wind noise because of worn out threshold and door gaskets. The room was roomy and comfortable, but the tv was an old, small tube type. The ice machine was turned off, but the owners gave me some fridge ice. The location is very quiet, but you have to plan for a meal on your own. Breakfast is basic--cereal, a waffle machine, some fruit and juice. Be aware that there are a lot of new motels on both ends of the Park, so check things out.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room, quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moverbob
Adirondack, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

For a hiker like myself staying here meant lower price than in Torrey and about 12 miles drive to a trailhead. My room consisted of two queen beds, had a microwave, refrigerator, old bulky TV set, dresser, coffee machine with supply of coffee and hot chocolate mix, table by the window with two chairs. I had a goodnight sleep in a comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotless. However I’m giving a lower rating because I found one towel was soiled and bed sheet had an old blood stain which is really not acceptable.

In the morning a breakfast was simple but very adequate. There were waffles, two types of cereal, miniature muffins, slices of bread, oranges and apples..

I’m not sure if I would stay again since this one nasty towel and sheet were a big turn off for me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Places
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night as it was a convenient waypoint between Moab and Bryce Canyon. It was good for that, clean and quiet. As we did not want a microwave dinner we chose to drive back to Hanksville where we had a great dinner. I don't think I would have been thrilled to stay there for a length of time but for a short period it was fine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caineville
Capitol Reef Resort
#4 of 6 in Torrey
Noor Hotel
Noor Hotel
#6 of 6 in Torrey

Been to Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef? Share your experiences!