My husband and I just returned from staying at the Vivanta by Taj, Coral Reef in the Maldives for 7 nights. What a fantastic vacation! My husband and I made a list of pros and cons. As you'll see the pros outweigh the cons in a big, big way.
--Arrivals from airport was easy; staff was right on site at the airport waiting for us
--Boat ride from the airport was nice; we were provided with water and juice on the boat
--Arrival at the resort was great; staff there to greet, check in, and escort us to our room quickly
--We stayed at one of the water villas; the room was excellent; view was fantastic, room was spacious and clean
--Snorkel gear free with room
--Lots of complimentary water in the room
--The air conditioning in the room was great
--Housekeeping was excellent! Came twice a day and did a full cleaning (mopping, organizing, towel refresh) each time
--Free evening desserts!
-- The island is really quiet. If you're looking for a place to get away from it all and relax this is your place.
-- The food is really good. The morning baked goods are delicious, almost all menu items (b/l/dinner) had some sort of Indian cuisine which was excellent. (Highly recommend the Masala Uthappam for breakfast!)
--The staff is really friendly and overall attentive
--The stingray feeding is really unique and fun
--The resort is clean and well maintained
--The submarine excursion was great!
--Resort activities are easy to organize
--Hardly anyone in the gym so never had an issue getting a daily workout in
--Games available at the bar (chess, checkers, ping pong, pool)
--We received a boxed breakfast before airport on the way home since we were leaving so early. Very tasty.
--We had a cocktail hour and had the opportunity to meet Vishal. Really nice guy; fun to talk to and
--The in room phone is a bit weird to use.
--The room was pretty much the only place we found that had air conditioning. There rest of the resort is open air which is nice but the bar area tends to get really hot.
--The restaurant food gets a bit pricey but as it's not much more pricey than NYC prices.
--As the resort is warm we wanted cooler showers; unfortunately there was not a lot of cooler water for showering when wanted
--We did a submarine excursion and while the excursion itself was excellent and easy to book, the execution of the excursion was not great. After the submarine experience we were taken to Male on a different boat than the one we arrived on. Not only were we not told that we were going to be taken to Male but once we were there we were separated from the group, provided with a random tour guide who offered to take us around the city, and told that the boat would not return to take us back to the resort for 3 hours. My husband and I had no intention of seeing Male and had not dressed properly for seeing the city. We ended up declining the tour guide's offer to show us around and waited at the dock for the boat. Fortunately we were able to get in contact with the resort through a random person at the dock who had a phone and the resort was able to organize a boat to come and get us so we ended up waiting for 2 hours instead of 3. Also fortunately there were other guests from our resort who were done with their tour of Male and were ready to go back to the resort by the time the boat arrived so the boat wasn't taking just my husband and I back.
Seriously though - this place is fantastic. Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing vacation. Highly, highly recommended place (although don't bring your kids; this is much more suited for adults).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu