“Stylish resort surround by breathtaking natural beauty”

Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hembadhu
“Stylish resort surround by breathtaking natural beauty”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 7nts in May 2013 as part of our honeymoon.

The rooms are stylish, well-designed and comfortable. The bathrooms are modern & spacious, with an outdoor shower, Step out onto the deck and you are mere steps away from the Indian Ocean .Everything is in close proximity so you can walk anywhere & enjoy the beauty of the island.

The food is fantastic. Breakfast, in particular, deserves a mention. The buffet offers a great selection of cereals, fruit, veggies, cold meats, cheeses and breads. The thin-crust pizzas at the poolside pizzeria were also delicious.

The house reef is very accessible and has a lot of live coral so we got to see hundreds of colourful fish almost as soon as we entered the water countless hours were spent snorkelling. Just sitting at Open the Grill & Pizzeria you can see an abundance of fish in the water.

At 5 o' clock in the evening, stingrays begin to gather round the main jetty. You can feed them fish and even pet them!

The quality of the rooms, restaurants and activities combined with the natural beauty of the place make it a great package - you can simply relax.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sm1th90
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Sm1th90,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort.
It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Taj hospitality to you again, whenever you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Vishal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are looking for perfect weather, super-luxury & enjoy being spoilt while also able yo choose never to leave your over the water villa with its private lagoon, garden then I highly recommend this choice. Food is outstanding, staff extremely friendly. You can snorke, scuba, any and every water sports or opt for laying back to relax, up to you. You can even hand-feed stingrays every afternoon, amazing experience.

Room Tip: Options are either beach villas or over the water villas, both great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy F
Dear Kathy F,

HALDIA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just returned yesterday night, but unable to accept the reality that we have to return from the Hotel. Thanks to the Hotel for rescheduling our visit as our flight got delayed without additional cost. The Speed Boat transfer was an enjoyable experience. I would really suggest you time your speed boat in the day time before it gets dark to enjoy the view. You can choose one way Top deck and one way at the base to enjoy both. Hospitality was ecstatic, gourmet food, good snorkelling lessons a must for beginners. Needless to say the beautiful location and beach. Glass bottomed boat and Sting ray feeding was a great experience never to miss. We stayed in Charm Beach Villa in Room No 222. The backyard of the Hotel opened to the Indian Ocean. We just relaxed in the Hammock and Beach lounge bed and had a great view of the aquamarine blue ocean which was just a few steps away. We never wanted the Sun to set for the fear of losing another day. The view was unbelievable while swimming and jacuzi. I did not know swimming so I enjoyed jacuzi with an unbelievable view of the emerald ocean. Since the island is not too big we can stroll around without getting tired. I recommend the travellers to spend some time in the jetty in dark hours to view the fishes. Its awesome. My Special thanks to Mr Hari, Executive House keeping who went out of the way to extend exemplary hospitality to us. He really encouraged us to make the snorkelling trip and gave us some important tips too. If not for him definitely we would have missed out on that magical experience. He also helped us to click some memorable photographs. Hats off to you Mr Hari. Room Cleaning Boy Mr Shaif was very meticulous in his work. My applause for the reception staff and Mr Rana of the Latitude Restaurant for their impeccable service. I loved the White Chocolate and Vanilla Yoghurt. Thanks to the Chef who had shared the recipe of Vanilla Yoghurt with me. The Hotel also gave us a guide to take us around the Male city. We checked out early to have Male city trip before boarding our Flight. Our baggage was taken care of. My thanks to the Hotel for this help otherwise we would have shelled out extra dollars. Cherishable moments for my life time. I would suggest the travellers to buy the souvenirs at the departure lounge inside the airport just before boarding gates. Huge variety, price is same as Male city (where we have to make hard bargain). Bye Bye and Thanks Taj for an unforgettable experience. Sure to visit again. *********Superb. Definitely I would strongly recommend Taj Vivanta.
Talking of the most ideal phase of your life to visit Maldives, it is either if you are just married or if you want to re-dedicate your life of togetherness with your partner. I would say a strict NO to visiting Maldives with kids - Thou' my personal view, I strongly recommend that you consider this.
Keep the good work going Vivanta By Taj.
Lemme end this with a special thanks to Mr. Hari and wishing him all the very best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TRAVELFREAK803
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear TRAVELFREAK 803,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback & compliments to the resort.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Taj way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is one of the most beautiful places on the earth. Thanks for your hospitality and giving me memories to cherish for life. You guys were simply amazing, going out of your way to make us comfortable. I am in love with this place and hoping to get back soon!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nawaab_Sheikh
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Nawab_Sheikh,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and just got back from this perfect holiday.
We were told we were going in the monsoon season and was expecting it to be raining and terrible weather and we got exactly the opposite.
The staff here were the best we have ever experienced and my wife and I are both huge travellers.
The room we first got was very nice and was just a basic beach bungalow and there was a boat accident in which a boat capsized and fell apart (another islands boat). We started getting lots of debrie out the front of our room and couldn't go swimming and I told one of the workers and he arranged a upgrade so we could swim out the front, which happened straight away which we were very happy with.
The resort itself isn't the biggest so you need to do a few tours so you are not on the island the whole time.
The food was unbelievable with the great service, we even had our own cook when we did Thai food one night.
The bar manager went out of his way to make sure we were looked after and even asked about our wedding and our wedding song every time we went to the bar our wedding song would come on.
We pretty much had the pool to ourselves which was nice a and relaxing, the waters were pretty choppy so couldn't really snorkel out the front except for one day and the reef was really good.
The gym on the island was pretty good as gyms go in hotels.
We would go back there in a instant as the staff and food was just that good, would recommend to anyone.
The next time we go back we will do 4 nights there and island hop and see what the other islands are like aswell.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room closer to the wharf as the other side of the island gets affected with bigger...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott C
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Scot C,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As soon as you arrive on the island, the regrettable room rate you're paying is fast forgotten.

The resort is tiny, which ensures that the serenity is maintained because of the minimal guests on the island at any one time.
The staff are extremely friendly if not always providing exemplarary service (the F&B service could improve; on one occasion it took 20 minutes for someone to take our order & twice during our stay we received the wrong order).

The rooms are extremely comfortable and very private. The bathroom facilities are top notch.
The icing on the cake being the room cleaners. An otherwise thankless job; these young men deliver. Flower petal arrangements on the bed (however cheesey its nice all the same), they run a bath for you & make the sun deck all the more comfortable to watch the sun decend into the horizon.

In terms of activities, the room rates include a complementary kayak rental which is a must. It only takes around 20 minutes to paddle around the island. The snorkling; again complementary is amazing. I also did a scuba dive to the ship wreck that sits only 50 metres off the shore which is well worth the money. Just like diving into an aquarium. The sandy bottom drops off into the deepest of blue you'd ever see.
The only thing which I found disappointing was the cost of renting the catermaran. Given that it doesn't take petrol, guests should not have to pay USD$70 for 30 minutes rental. That's over the top.

The daily sting ray feeding is a great experience and the Ray's are closely followed by moray eels and reef sharks looking for the left overs.

I also had some confusion in paying the bill. I'd booked with a discount voucher entitlement however I had left the voucher at home. This situation was handled very well by the Manager, Amit, & I thank him for handling that situation favourably.

The speedboat ride to and from the island to the airport was very comfortable, affording some beautiful scenery. Returning back to the airport as the sun set was the ideal way to end our vacation at Vivanta.

Would I recommend Vivianta? Without a doubt
Would I return to Vivanta? More than likely .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank piarts_ontour
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Piarts_ontour,

Gurgaon
Reviewed 18 June 2014

To commemorate 10 years of marriage and many more of togetherness, I and my husband planned to gift ourselves 3 days at beautiful Maldives. World Travel is one of my life's main goals and we hadn't been to Maldives yet. We didn't need much convincing once we got a great deal from Yatra and Taj. We did not take a package as we wanted to be in control of our trip and enjoy it to the fullest so booked air and hotel separately. As we had planned much in advance we picked the hotel after much research.

Starting from the boat ride from the airport till the drop back - we had a great time! We had a very bad experience with Air India, so it was very nice to have a great hotel.

The room was amazing - private, beautiful, modern and just perfect! We were at water villa overlooking the ocean.

Most of the time we spent in the water marvelling at the pretty corals and fishes that swam up to out stairs! I swim, so I picked up a snorkelling kit from the hotel diving shop and started. Its pretty simple for someone who knows how to swim. My husband who is not a swimmer also got hang of it pretty quickly and was in the water for long stretches of the day. While we came back with a serious tan, it was so worth it!

We did not go for the dives, as we wanted to chill around and were really happy with our very own ocean right at the door. The stay was very relaxed - just what we wanted. Started lazily with excellent breakfast, strolling around the property, back to the ocean, napping, reading, drinking - simple fun. The food and drinks are however very expensive and you should plan for that in your budget.

The food was great - I think the fish was the freshest I have ever had. Dishes of most of the cuisines, including Japanese were very nice.

We tried the dinner on the beach for our anniversary dinner and it was very romantic.

The property is very private - the staff very helpful, but in the background so you don't feel the intrusion. We were on the beach for a good time and were not bothered by too many people or staff.

This time we went without kids and didn't find any other guest with kids either. However, when they are older - and quieter :-), we will definitely plan again

Depending on your budget, you can find many good properties in Maldives - many could be better than Vivanta also. But we were very happy with the hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Water villas are really worth the money. Would suggest to pinch on dives, photo shoots by hotels and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingRads
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Radhika 7,

Vishal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hembadhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Vihamanafushi
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos

Been to Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives? Share your experiences!