“Lovely Welcoming Tropical Island”

Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hembadhu
London
“Lovely Welcoming Tropical Island”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stepped off the boat after our 24 hours of travel to a warm welcome at the Jetty. I have stayed in many, many hotels and what makes a 4, 5 or 6 star hotel is, yes the location, the destination, the quality of finish but more importantly it is the people.

The staff here are very friendly and welcoming. They can't do enough for you. Well done everyone!

We each had a Water Villa number 107 and 108.

Of special note:

Kannan and Iham at the bar
Carmin the restaurant manager
Deju the chef
Najah one of the waiters

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nifi
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Nifi ,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort .
It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Taj hospitality to you again, whenever you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Vishal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent seven nights in May and took direct BA flights from London (forgot just how good it is to fly with BA) that meant we avoided changing planes in the UAE.

We stayed in a Beach Villa and had a fantastic view from our very comfortable bed across our decking, hammock, private piece of beach to the turquoise sea.

From the moment we were met at Male airport by the Virgin representative and then by the hotel staff on the island, they simply could not do enough to make our stay as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.

Excellent food, good wines and cocktails and a great team of bar & restaurant staff, who were all professional, polite, efficient and above all friendly.

In our all-inclusive package we were able to use our room mini-bar which was a great touch and we received delicious cakes and deserts in the room on several occasions.

Our room boy kept the place looking spotless and created a fantastic display of flowers on the bed to surprise my wife.

We couldn't have had a better holiday and we would recommend this place to anyone who wants to spoil themselves and relax.

A big thanks to all the team for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We liked the beach huts - we were in Room 122 any anything up from this would be recommended.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PRM21
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear PRM 21,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed our Coral All Inclusive plan.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From start to finish, the experience at Taj Coral Reef was incredible. Effortless service straight from the airport made us feel right at home, and the wonderful staff lead by Parveen was the perfect mix of attentive and private. Although a small island, the selection of food and beverage was excellent. We have had many friends comment on other experiences in the Maldives in regards to extreme and hidden beverage / food pricing, but were happy to find the Taj provides an excellent daily unlimited beverage package that would be the cost of only 2 drinks in neighboring resorts. Kanan at the main bar made sure everyone was well attended to each day and was contagiously delightful. The rooms themselves are very well appointed, clean and incredibly comfortable. We also indulged in the island spa massage, which was as good as any spa experience we've ever had globally. All in all, we are very much looking forward to going back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RGLT
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear RGLT,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort & especially for Kanan,this will really motivate him a lot.

pune
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and me stayed there for couple of nights...the place is actually beautiful..I think you should stay in beach villa and water indulge both and experience the stay as it is a different exp. I enjouyed the water villa the most as can go to snorkeling just outside my room. Stingrays feeding was unbikevable experience. Staff was fantastic..you get indin food most impoetant..and you have lot of Indian speaking staff..in all it is a wonderfully place with wonderfull people and I think nothing negative about this location...

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amitshingi
Dear amitshingji,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort .

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 7nts in May 2013 as part of our honeymoon.

The rooms are stylish, well-designed and comfortable. The bathrooms are modern & spacious, with an outdoor shower, Step out onto the deck and you are mere steps away from the Indian Ocean .Everything is in close proximity so you can walk anywhere & enjoy the beauty of the island.

The food is fantastic. Breakfast, in particular, deserves a mention. The buffet offers a great selection of cereals, fruit, veggies, cold meats, cheeses and breads. The thin-crust pizzas at the poolside pizzeria were also delicious.

The house reef is very accessible and has a lot of live coral so we got to see hundreds of colourful fish almost as soon as we entered the water countless hours were spent snorkelling. Just sitting at Open the Grill & Pizzeria you can see an abundance of fish in the water.

At 5 o' clock in the evening, stingrays begin to gather round the main jetty. You can feed them fish and even pet them!

The quality of the rooms, restaurants and activities combined with the natural beauty of the place make it a great package - you can simply relax.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sm1th90
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Sm1th90,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are looking for perfect weather, super-luxury & enjoy being spoilt while also able yo choose never to leave your over the water villa with its private lagoon, garden then I highly recommend this choice. Food is outstanding, staff extremely friendly. You can snorke, scuba, any and every water sports or opt for laying back to relax, up to you. You can even hand-feed stingrays every afternoon, amazing experience.

Room Tip: Options are either beach villas or over the water villas, both great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy F
Dear Kathy F,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments for the resort.

HALDIA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just returned yesterday night, but unable to accept the reality that we have to return from the Hotel. Thanks to the Hotel for rescheduling our visit as our flight got delayed without additional cost. The Speed Boat transfer was an enjoyable experience. I would really suggest you time your speed boat in the day time before it gets dark to enjoy the view. You can choose one way Top deck and one way at the base to enjoy both. Hospitality was ecstatic, gourmet food, good snorkelling lessons a must for beginners. Needless to say the beautiful location and beach. Glass bottomed boat and Sting ray feeding was a great experience never to miss. We stayed in Charm Beach Villa in Room No 222. The backyard of the Hotel opened to the Indian Ocean. We just relaxed in the Hammock and Beach lounge bed and had a great view of the aquamarine blue ocean which was just a few steps away. We never wanted the Sun to set for the fear of losing another day. The view was unbelievable while swimming and jacuzi. I did not know swimming so I enjoyed jacuzi with an unbelievable view of the emerald ocean. Since the island is not too big we can stroll around without getting tired. I recommend the travellers to spend some time in the jetty in dark hours to view the fishes. Its awesome. My Special thanks to Mr Hari, Executive House keeping who went out of the way to extend exemplary hospitality to us. He really encouraged us to make the snorkelling trip and gave us some important tips too. If not for him definitely we would have missed out on that magical experience. He also helped us to click some memorable photographs. Hats off to you Mr Hari. Room Cleaning Boy Mr Shaif was very meticulous in his work. My applause for the reception staff and Mr Rana of the Latitude Restaurant for their impeccable service. I loved the White Chocolate and Vanilla Yoghurt. Thanks to the Chef who had shared the recipe of Vanilla Yoghurt with me. The Hotel also gave us a guide to take us around the Male city. We checked out early to have Male city trip before boarding our Flight. Our baggage was taken care of. My thanks to the Hotel for this help otherwise we would have shelled out extra dollars. Cherishable moments for my life time. I would suggest the travellers to buy the souvenirs at the departure lounge inside the airport just before boarding gates. Huge variety, price is same as Male city (where we have to make hard bargain). Bye Bye and Thanks Taj for an unforgettable experience. Sure to visit again. *********Superb. Definitely I would strongly recommend Taj Vivanta.
Talking of the most ideal phase of your life to visit Maldives, it is either if you are just married or if you want to re-dedicate your life of togetherness with your partner. I would say a strict NO to visiting Maldives with kids - Thou' my personal view, I strongly recommend that you consider this.
Keep the good work going Vivanta By Taj.
Lemme end this with a special thanks to Mr. Hari and wishing him all the very best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TRAVELFREAK803
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear TRAVELFREAK 803,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback & compliments to the resort.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Taj way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve.

Vishal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hembadhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,337 reviews

Been to Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives? Share your experiences!