“Check the location”

Quest Mount Maunganui
Reviewed 28 May 2013

After booking on line we had not realised this hotel was down the far end of Maunganui Rd overlooking the sulphur works- not near the beach. The rooms were large and comfortable and clean, although lobby and lift areas quite dirty. Certainly not a 5 star accom- not their fault but they had just had a flood in the basement car park so we had to leave our car some distance up the road. The pool is not heated and is outdoors so not a year round facility.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed for a week in early March, and while there were Internet problems, I can't say that would defer me from staying again. The apartment was large, clean and quite well stocked. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Being technically impaired, I needed help with both the tv and the washer/dryer combo. I had help within minutes of my request.

When my travel plans changed and I had to check out early, I was refunded for the last day even though I'd received a weekly rate that was less expensive than my actual 6 nights. Also, my Internet charge was dropped because of the problems early in my stay.

I hope to return to The Mount and The Quest will be my accommodation of choice.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We regularly stay here and can recommend this Quest Apartment to all.
We have stayed on all the levels of the complex and they have all been to the same standard we have come to expect.
The apartments are spacious, the bed is comfy, the kitchen is a FULL kitchen, and there is a proper living room area where you can relax, hang out or just watch a movie.
We visit friends and family often and it is nice to be able to invite them to dinner and be able to cook a full meal without trouble.
The staff are always lovely and helpful and nothing seems too much trouble.
The only thing to be mindful of is the location of the rooms, on occasion the backpackers or other houses nearby can be a bit rowdy late at night.
All-in-all a lovely place to stay when away for a weekend or for a few days.

Room Tip: book well ahead and you won't have a problem getting an apartment.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sookie95
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed at the Quest for 3 nights, the apartment had all the fixtures you would expect. Staff were friendly and helpful and I thought the location was ok. I found the car park set up a little confusing and the internet speed terrible for business, I ended up resorting to the good old roaming stick.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed in Mt Maunganui for 1 Night in the 2 Bedroom Apartment.
The room was quite spacious and clean. Management was nice enough to give us free Wifi!

There were only a couple of things I would like to suggest to management.

Firstly the arrangements of the car parking. Reception showed us to our designated car spot and was very helpful and polite upon arrival. Once we came back to the apartments after heading out for the day, there was a vehicle in our designated spot. The owners of the car were at their vehicle and advised that they had also been designated the same spot as us. We went to reception and they advised us just to park anywhere, which we did and we moved the car. As we moved the car into another spot, we were approached by another guest of the hotel asking us to move our car and was very very rude. As you can imagine this was not a nice welcome to the hotel. I informed management about the above. I think the car park procedures need to be revised (maybe labelling all hotel guest parking would be sufficient as to display which is resident parking, and which is not, if that is the case) We also en-counted residents or staff moving mattresses and beds up and down the lifts at check out time, which was quite inconvenient.

Thicker blinds in the lounge room and bedroom would of been great as when the sun came in, it was very very hot and you felt you needed to put on a pair of sunglasses from the glare through the white blinds. A luggage rack in the apartment would of also been good, as there was no where to place your bag other then the floor.

Other then the above, the Quest was a comfortable stay and has lovely amenities.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ange B
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Great apt, worth the stay in Mount Maunganui. We were only there overnight, but reception was very helpful and we enjoyed our visit to the seaside. There are some great restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed for 2 nights: a couple with a child, in a 1 bedroom apartment. We thought that the room was a very good size for us all and definitely value for money. When we arrived, we were shown to our room by a young man who took the time to explain to us the features of the room and how to use them (the Sky TV, Phone and Air Con.) which was a nice touch.
We used the pool and spa pool which were clean and a good size and took advantage of the service to rent DVD's from reception.
We never had any problems with noise there and would definitely stay in The Quest again.

Room Tip: We thought that all the rooms here were well appointed from what we saw, but as we have stayed at th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#12 of 13 in Mount Maunganui
The Pacific Apartments
The Pacific Apartments
#2 of 4 in Mount Maunganui

Been to Quest Mount Maunganui? Share your experiences!