Cutters Cove Resort Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aquarius Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Ocean Waves Motel(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Baywatch Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Blue Haven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Pacific Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
  • Restaurant
Westhaven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Mission Belle Motel(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
Blue Wave Motel(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
The Atrium Apartments(Mount Maunganui)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini golfheated lap pooltay streetfull bathroomsacross the roadthe kitchenlarge deckpool area is lovelyonline bookingbeautiful complextwo bedroom apartmentthe ground floorthe managersmarine paradeself cateringair conlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I hesitate to give this a 5, as there would be a couple of things I'd change...
I loved the location. On the beach, and the surf lulls you off to sleep. it's further away from the foot of Mt Maunganui than I thought. Having said that , we were in a better location, as there was less noise due to less cafés and shops, and no high density living around us, where as there is closer to the Mt. Things I loved - the beautiful contemporary kitchen, having our own laundry, and the ocean views from our lounge, dining, kitchen and bedroom. Also loved the Securtiy. from us, to our vehicle....all safe and secure. Dislikes - the ocean view apartments came with an oceanview price tag, and I would have expected more in certain areas. our bedroom was spacious, but functional in it's fit out with no extras. The beds need to be upgraded to King size with pillow tops, as we found the bed small and a little uncomfortable. Any staff we spoke to were lovely and helpful. Pool area and barbeque area were nice, clean, although pool was too cold for us. Overall, a lovely area and I prefer it over Tauranga accommodation. I just don't know if I'd stay again, as I need a really good nights sleep, and I never got that, as the room below us was incredibly noisy until 1:30 am, and smoke drifted up to us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Travebug
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I had the most amazing 25th wedding anniversary celebration at this resort. It was a small private affair with just 28 guests. We had an apartment with amazing views and the atmosphere was great. I had planned it as a surprise for my husband and the couple running Cutterscove went along with it beautifully so all went off without a hitch,they were helpful and friendly. My only regret is that I cant afford to go as often as I'd love to stay there but I would definitely recommend it as a place to go for any reason.

Room Tip: I only know the top one with views in all directions
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were so looking forward to this.... we'd read nothing but great reviews and seen some lovely photos on the website, but the whole experience was just a bit disappointing. It wasn't really anything huge, it was lots of little things, but when you start to add them all up, there were just a few too many niggles. Firstly the apartment was well presented with good quality fittings and furniture, but it wasn't clean! The huge amount of dust in the lights, picture frames and surfaces wasn't good, but we could have overlooked that if it hadn't been for the large number of cobwebs behind the TV. We did tell the guy on the front desk who said he would 'get someone onto it' but it never happened. Next....The heated pool, not well heated and there were a lot of others I heard say how cold it was. The lagoon pool wasn't heated AT ALL. Thirdly, the spa pool wasn't working for the whole of our stay ( 4 days) even though we were told ( by the same man who said he would sort out the cobwebs) said he was hoping to have it mended the following day. He said it had been out of action for about 4 says prior to our arrival, too. The apartment wasn't particularly well stocked with crockery either. Don't get me wrong, there are some positives, the free wifi, spacious apartments, sky guest channels and all the mod cons like a home from home. So will I be staying there again..... the jury is still out!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sunny B
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here in December 2013 at the ground floor (swimming pool view, which was lovely) for 3 nights. The 2-bedroom apartment was very spacious and well-equipped, which was a real bonus as most shops and restaurants were closed on Christmas & boxing day and we were able to cook using the facilities with no problem. The complex even has a bbq area. Another awesome thing? Room rates include free wi-fi! Will definitely stay here again when we visit the Mount next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Cutters Cove is just fantastic! We own a motel ourselves and as such, it can be hard to overlook things that maybe not 'as we would do them'. Nothing to overlook here though. The staff are really lovely, the apartments are well equipped, beds are comfortable, linen crisp and the apartments are very clean! We have two children (aged 5 and 8) and the facilities of Cutters Cove are brilliant for kids. Swimming pools, spa, mini golf, tennis courts, sky guest select TV, DVD players and just across the road - the beach.

The apartments are self-catering, with full hobs, ovens, dishwasher, full size fridge etc. We had a two bedroom apartment and with it we got a huge amount of space, bathroom plus an en-suite, two tellies, lovely couches, outdoor patio (we were on the ground floor by the pools). The kids room was an internal room - problem? NO - it meant that they were in a lovely dark room and slept past their normal 'up with the birds'!

Just a wonderful weekend - we will be staying again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family