Belle Mer Beachfront Apartments
Baywatch Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$139
The Atrium Apartments(Mount Maunganui)
US$149
US$144
Ocean Waves Motel(Mount Maunganui)
US$126
US$117
Priceline
Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$175
  • Pool
Gateway Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Blue Haven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bay Palm Motel(Mount Maunganui)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Pacific Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
  • Restaurant
Blue Wave Motel(Mount Maunganui)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the roadspa bathlarge fridgethree bedroomlovely apartmenttwo bedroom apartmentgenerous sizethe penthousenew zealandshort walkrestaurants and shopsbeautiful seafantastic locationmarine paradethree nightsthe main streetoutdoor furniture
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here in early July 2013 with my family for just under 2 weeks. We needed to visit the Mount to attend a wedding and so made a holiday of it. Friends of ours had stayed here before and recommended the place to us and we were not disappointed! The building is located right on the beachfront within short walking distance of the local shops/restaurants/attractions. The hosts that looked after us were Mike and daughter Claire. Both gave us a friendly welcome and good assistance and advice on local attractions during our stay. The apartment we had was immaculately clean. We had one on the second floor with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, and a generous size living/kitchen area. It also had a small sea view from the balcony which was just enough for us to sit in the evening and enjoy a glass of wine on the deck and the afternoon sunshine. The price was very fair for what you got. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was recently refurbished and modern with a huge spa bath and a large shower - (good water pressure). There was a nice size swimming pool on the ground level outside which was heated (good for the kids). The apartment was very spacious and had everything most people would need for a self contained holiday apartment, but we also got a free weekly service which was nice. Very much enjoyed our stay in the Mount and would definitely stay here again. Thanks Mike for being so chatty, informative and helpful :) We may have to go for a 'beachfront apartment' next time!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view if you can! Beachfront is best but we just had a standard level 2 apartment with sea view from the balcony and it was still great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My name is Mark de Lacy aka The Minstrel. Google these names to verify my reputation. I spend a minimum 120 nights a year in apartment accom through NZ every year. This has been my worst experience ever and first time I have complained. I booked six nights at Belle Mer for my wife and I, her mother and sister Gail. The apartment was lovely and the fact that the manager would not replace the faulty TV in the bedroom and the lift was out of order for the duration of our stay would not normally get a bad review out of me. After three days however Gail visited the office and politely requested more toilet paper. The woman there proceeded to grill her as to why more paper was necessary, how long had we been staying to require it etc etc. Gail asked if she could buy some. The answer was no. After some argument the woman agreed to supply but when Gail asked for two rolls, one for each bathroom she was told she could only have one. All of this was done with another lady (a client I presume) standing behind Gail listening. When Gail left she waited in the hall to hear what was said and heard "What next" accompanied with guffaws of laughter. She was completely humiliated and distressed. Mike the manager replied to my complaint by email. As well as an apology he said quote "at the risk of irritating you this has been an incredibly good value offer for you" and even more incredibly quote "I will take the appropriate steps to seek to ensure that any similar incident occur in the future". Either there's a Freudian slip and he left the words "will not" out or there's a warning to you all. Should any apartment owner in the complex or member of the public like to know how not to respond to a complaint please contact me and I will forward the entire email stream to you. Believe me there's even worse than the above within his reply including a veiled threat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Minstrel2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just had a beautiful long weekend at the Mt. Have stayed at Belle Mer a number of times, but this was our first time in the penthouse apartment. This is a beautiful apartment. Wrap around decks and beautifully furnished. Everything you would ever need in the kitchen - glasses, serving dishes, kitchen utensils (we like to cook in). Lovely sheets and good quality bath and beach towels - really comfortable beds, all with electric blankets. Belle Mer is in a handy location, right across the road from the beautiful beach, 10 minutes walk to town, 10 minutes walk to the mountain. To top it all off we had gorgeous weather for the middle of winter. My only comment would be that $30 per night for a rollaway is a bit steep. The sofa is way more comfortable. All in all - cannot fault - bliss.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a great mid winter break here. Clean, with everything we needed. Heaters kept the place warm. The staff were really lovely. Maybe when booking your room ask what the position of your apartment will be. We were at the back and had no view or sun but that didn't really matter to us as we were out enjoying the scenery each day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were shifted to a bigger apartment than we needed because of work being done upstairs. The drilling was noisy but even worse was the noise from outside the front of the apartments.
We were also asked to pay more for the king bedroom and bathroom which otherwise would have stayed locked and we'd have had no en suite bathroom. There was also an extra charge for a daily newspaper though they decided to make this complimentary because of the noise. Very generous!
When someone phoned after I made the booking, he could have mentioned that noisy work was being carried out to give me the chance to find somewhere else.
Neither were we told there was no servicing or fresh linen. However everything was spotlessly clean.
For $200 a night, we expected better than this.
I have no complaints about the apartment itself. It is a bit worn and dated but comfortable enough except for the fact there is only one wall fan heater for the whole area. Consequently the bedrooms and bathrooms are very cold in winter and, to heat the big living area, we had to leave the heater on day and night and even then, felt the chill.
It is a bit of a trek from the town centre - too far for my elderly husband - but a great sea view.
Overall we though it was okay but very expensive for what we got. We would not go back or recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Avoid noise from the road or from work being done inside. Ask first!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike Anne G, Manager at Belle Mer Beachfront Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

We appreciate the honest review and accept that this was an unfortunate instance. To explain ... one of our apartments was having new bathrooms fitted/ redecoration, and there was a lack of communication from the builders concerned as to when the "noisy" work would be happening. We were not expecting this particularly 'noisy' part of the job to be carried out until a later date, so we were not given enough time to warn the guests on this occasion and give them the option of looking elsewhere. It was a period of just under 2 weeks in total. We did our best to keep the guests in the building reasonably happy during this time and we also gave this particular guest Free newspapers, internet, and a $50 credit as a gesture of apology. We also provide extra oil heaters if guests are ever a little cold in winter and some of apartments that are newly renovated now have heat pumps. We wish these guests all the best and offer them our sincere apologies again and we are just sorry to hear that this has put them off booking with us in the future but hope that they may reconsider and try us again sometime. Kind Regards, Belle Mer Management.