Belle Mer Beachfront Apartments
Boatshed Motel Apartments Mt. Maunganui(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$107
Orbitz.com
Pacific Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$113
  • Restaurant
Westhaven Motel(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$90
Mission Belle Motel(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
US$104
Baywatch Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Blue Haven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Aquarius Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Bay Palm Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Blue Wave Motel(Mount Maunganui)
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the roadspa bathlarge fridgethree bedroomlovely apartmenttwo bedroom apartmentgenerous sizethe penthousenew zealandshort walkrestaurants and shopsbeautiful seafantastic locationmarine paradethree nightsthe main streetoutdoor furniture
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Managed to get the last two bedroom apartment here at the very last minute over Christmas and we were not disappointed! Very spacious! Fully stocked kitchen and plenty of space to entertain visiting friends to barbecue dinner! The TV was having a bit of trouble with one channel but other than that, we had a wonderful stay here. Mike at the front desk could not have been more lovely and friendly. Thank you for a lovely stay!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LCM N
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in December. It was perfect! close walk to the restaurants and shops, right across the street from the beach access, great views and very friendly hosts. We hope to return again in February and could have easily spent a few more nights.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3B but would love to stay in the Penthouse next time if it is availible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at Belle Mer with my sister and two of my sister-in-laws for our annual NZ get together and we'd had the Apartment booked for February but due to unforseen circumstances couldn't make it, so Mike kept our booking payment for a stay later in the year (September). Our 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom Apartment looked straight out to the beach from the lounge windows so it was a magnificient outlook and we watched cargo ships and fishing trawlers out at sea. The Apartment seemed quite sound proof we noticed. We never got time to have a swim in the big pool unfortunately as we were out and about most of the time, but I enjoyed a quick stroll along the beach early one morning when the sun was shining.

Room Tip: Our Apartment (2A) on the second floor up had a verandah outside looking straight across the beach opposite which would be nice on a summer's day if you had time to relax and take in the view. But we could see it all from the lounge sitting on the black leather lounge suites.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here in early July 2013 with my family for just under 2 weeks. We needed to visit the Mount to attend a wedding and so made a holiday of it. Friends of ours had stayed here before and recommended the place to us and we were not disappointed! The building is located right on the beachfront within short walking distance of the local shops/restaurants/attractions. The hosts that looked after us were Mike and daughter Claire. Both gave us a friendly welcome and good assistance and advice on local attractions during our stay. The apartment we had was immaculately clean. We had one on the second floor with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, and a generous size living/kitchen area. It also had a small sea view from the balcony which was just enough for us to sit in the evening and enjoy a glass of wine on the deck and the afternoon sunshine. The price was very fair for what you got. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was recently refurbished and modern with a huge spa bath and a large shower - (good water pressure). There was a nice size swimming pool on the ground level outside which was heated (good for the kids). The apartment was very spacious and had everything most people would need for a self contained holiday apartment, but we also got a free weekly service which was nice. Very much enjoyed our stay in the Mount and would definitely stay here again. Thanks Mike for being so chatty, informative and helpful :) We may have to go for a 'beachfront apartment' next time!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view if you can! Beachfront is best but we just had a standard level 2 apartment with sea view from the balcony and it was still great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My name is Mark de Lacy aka The Minstrel. Google these names to verify my reputation. I spend a minimum 120 nights a year in apartment accom through NZ every year. This has been my worst experience ever and first time I have complained. I booked six nights at Belle Mer for my wife and I, her mother and sister Gail. The apartment was lovely and the fact that the manager would not replace the faulty TV in the bedroom and the lift was out of order for the duration of our stay would not normally get a bad review out of me. After three days however Gail visited the office and politely requested more toilet paper. The woman there proceeded to grill her as to why more paper was necessary, how long had we been staying to require it etc etc. Gail asked if she could buy some. The answer was no. After some argument the woman agreed to supply but when Gail asked for two rolls, one for each bathroom she was told she could only have one. All of this was done with another lady (a client I presume) standing behind Gail listening. When Gail left she waited in the hall to hear what was said and heard "What next" accompanied with guffaws of laughter. She was completely humiliated and distressed. Mike the manager replied to my complaint by email. As well as an apology he said quote "at the risk of irritating you this has been an incredibly good value offer for you" and even more incredibly quote "I will take the appropriate steps to seek to ensure that any similar incident occur in the future". Either there's a Freudian slip and he left the words "will not" out or there's a warning to you all. Should any apartment owner in the complex or member of the public like to know how not to respond to a complaint please contact me and I will forward the entire email stream to you. Believe me there's even worse than the above within his reply including a veiled threat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family