“Read carefully”
Review of The Manor Hotel

The Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Datchet
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The restaurant was awful. Poor food for the prices charged. The rooms were very small and could do with a refurb. Also issues with security whereby several articles were stolen from our party and staff were not prepared to help even though CCTV is installed. Would not recommend go elsewhere if I was you. From an experienced traveller.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Barry F

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I would have most probably slept better if I had pitched a tent on the village green; if I parked a caravan there I would have had a bigger shower too!

My colleague and I were in rooms 334 and 335; the loft as we liked to refer to it.

The temperature in the room was similar to a sauna, the skylight in the room was the size of a tea tray and the fan that was provided had no blades! The room temperature averaged 28•C during the night.

The water tank for the building would seem to have been places in the small roof void above the bed so the sound of running water during the night was commonplace.

The room was squeezed into the roof and possibly done by builders from the shire; I think only hobbits could have fitted into about 30% of the room. They may have also been the reason for the size of the shower tray and the shower curtain. The rail for said curtain was attached to the inside of a beam meaning there was 13 inches of width in which to shower.

Parking for this 60+ room hotel is limited to 12 parking spaces at the back with an overflow in a private house situated on the other side of the level crossing.

The hotel is convenient for the train!

Breakfast service was a little lapsidasical but the food was good.

In short, staff ok (barmaid in the evening the saving grace), breakfast good but hotel terrible!

I will not stay here again, I will take the bench on the railway platform out of choice as I'm sure I will get a better night's sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed this weekend but would not stay again. Our "executive room" was next door in the cottage area, the walk through to our room is via a conservatory which was boiling hot... there is an air con machine on the wall but no remote to turn it on. The carpets were dirty and stained and the stair carpet was a danger! When in our room the smell of dampness was over powering the curtains and pelmet were stained with mould and the wall was crumbling away in the corner. we had a small private courtyard with two chairs (one broken) a table with an ashtray on that was still full of dog ends from previous smokers and in the courtyard opposite our room there was an empty champagne bottle with strawberry punnet still half full with maggots on the strawberries ..How long had they been there? The carpets in our room were badly stained and the cushions on the bed were worn out and shabby. Just as other say it is on the flight path to Heathrow so a bit on the noisy side.
Breakfast was a joke they had no side plates for toast/bread no butter no condiments we had to keep asking for these to be supplied. When at last the food arrived it was not too bad but it seemed to be a real headache just getting it to the table. A lot of money for this hotel for not a lot to be thankful for!!

2  Thank Yve B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed again! 4th time! Have travelled to many places/hotels, even 5*. The Manor is a 'Quaint' Hotel. Find the location quiet enough to relax. They have many areas to chill too.
Problems with the Wi-fi for the 1st time.
Look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 202 has a nice Balcony to enjoy a Glass of whatever before venturing out.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here last weekend and the hotel is not that great hotel room very small bathroom was not great eiether. Hotel has limited parking as well so you will have to arrive early to get a parking space or if yiu arrive after 6 pm you can park on the road for free opposite the hotel . The hotel is only about 2 miles outside of Windsor Dachet is a nice little village to visit as well . The hotel also provides breakfast but at a cost which is £10 per person .Hotel is next to the train line and gets very noisy and quite a few airplanes fly over and wilk keep you awake at night!
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone to stay there very expensive as well !

1  Thank Marie L
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at The Manor Hotel for a family wedding. We booked a double room which we were quoted at £100 per night, including breakfast. As I had already seen the gorgeous pictures of the rooms on the website I wasn’t too put off by the price. On arrival there was absolutely nowhere to park. Due to the lack of parking (seriously there’s about 8 spaces to the side of the hotel and there were over 50 guests at the wedding…..) we ended up having to pay to park in the station car park. This was very inconvenient especially as it was hammering down with rain and blowing a gale when we arrived in our wedding outfits. Having to totter along in sky high heels from the station to the hotel with all our bags and two elderly relatives was a nightmare. (Yes maybe I should have worn more sensible shoes had I known and dropped off the relies at the front of the hotel if there was anywhere to stop). Parking in the station meant we not only had to pay £5 to park, but we also had to dash down at 8:30am the next day (with serious hangovers) to ensure we put another ticket on our car before 9am.

Once inside the hotel I was rather looking forward to checking into our room. That excitement quickly turned to sheer disappointment when I saw the quality of the room. It was so small the bed was squeezed up against a wall just so that you could get into the room. The net curtains had so many rips and tears in them they looked as though they’d been hung by Edward Scissorhands. The cushions on the bed were a pretty accessory, but the covers were all ripped and very tatty. I hoped there may be some shining star with the bathroom. I was wrong. The bathroom was extremely dated, in fact I don’t think I’ve seen a brown/yellow suite since the 70’s! The tiles around the shower itself had mould on them which I expect was caused by the lack of a shower curtain – although weirdly we had the shower curtain rings!!

Luckily the wedding went off without a hitch and the food was lovely. However, the conservatory leaked so you had to be very careful where you stood – especially as it was still lashing it down outside.

Another factor I had not considered was the close proximity to Heathrow Airport. I kid you not, planes were going over every 30 seconds at one point! Then you have the train noise and the incessant traffic rumbling by. All of this did not make for a good nights sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was very nice, but a total shambles. The waiters, although helpful, could not get our order right, even after three attempts. Once we got the correct food it was tasty but rather cold.

Overall, I would definitely not stay in this hotel again, it was a real let down and the price we paid for the room we received was terrible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TOMMIE O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The location is very good, Datchet is very nice and not far from Windsor. We stayed for a wedding which was very nice and the service was also very good. We were in a petit double which was petit but we knew that before. The room could do with a bit of a spruce up! Brekfast was also nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Datchet
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to The Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!