“Quaint & Comfortable.”
Review of Datchet Mead Hotel

Datchet Mead Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Datchet
Datchet Mead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Datchet
“Quaint & Comfortable.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a weekend visit to Legoland with family. It is a quaint Tudor Style country hotel! It is in a great location for the sites around Windsor, Eaton & Slough. It is about 20 min from Heathrow, 10 from Legoland and within walking distance from Windsor. The decor needs a little refreshing, but rooms were spotless and comfortable with all amenities. The staff were excellent and if there was anything you needed they would try to get it. Breakfast in the morning was enough to keep you going most of the day and was included in the price. The only down side was there was no resturant at the weekend but barfood was available. I would have no problem returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

The last time I stayed in Datchet, I saw this hotel and ear marked it for my next visit. I wasn't disappointed. It's a fraction out of the village centre ( but within easy walking distance) this gives it the benefit of tranquility and, as a business traveller, loads of private parking. There is a large garden to the rear which gives views of Windsor Castle.
The room was spotlessly clean and benefitted from air con. The shower room was like wise.
Breakfast is ordered from a menu but the staff will cater for your needs if at all possible. The ingredients used for the full English were locally sourced and the quality showed - particularly with their free range farm eggs.
The staff were delightful, as previous reviewers have said, helpful, friendly, a wealth of local knowledge but not 'in your face'.
I enjoyed my stay here and look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here as had early flight from Heathrow. Very convenient for the airport, took me half an hour, although am sure there was a quicker route than the one I took.

The staff are friendly and welcoming, check in was quick, having booked through booking.com.

The room was disappointing, very tired. Definitely needed freshening up. Not that it was dirty or anything but felt like it hasn't been touched since the mid 1980s.

Plus the wifi didn't work at any point during my stay. Is one of the things I look for when choosing a place to stay and can be inconvenient when not available.

Overall not bad, convenient location but the decor is a bit tired.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This family run hotel is perfect for my one night away every week. The staff remember me, and make sure that I have everything I need. They are interested in me, and know what I like. This may seem ok for someone who has been staying there for some time now, but I can honestly say that it has felt this way from the 2nd time I stayed there.

Room Tip: Don't be deceived by the outside looks of the hotel. The rooms are well presented, with very goo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Gloucester
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed for a few days whilst in London on business. I thought I'd booked via bookings.com, but the site hadn't worked for some reason. The people at Datchet Mead were just fabulous, found me a room (a large, family room for the price of a single room) and were so welcoming. very well
The bar was open, a very pleasant, modern space, so I had a G&T whilst waiting for my meal. The menu was not huge, but very varied and my Mediterranean omelette was perfect. Sitting in the bar to eat on my own was not at all intimidating, although the owners offered to serve me in the dining room.
Breakfast - generous, hot and very well cooked. Service was friendly but not intrusive.
I had been staying in several hotels and B&Bs around the south of the country; this was by far the best of them. Clean, welcoming, friendly with delicious food - I really could not ask for more.
Sadly, I had left it too late to book on my next visit to the south, and had to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
UK
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Zero curb appeal, I thought hotel had closed down when I arrived at 3.30pm. Front door was locked, answered by cleaner and I was asked to come back. I was travelling on business and needed to do about 3 hrs work so I asked to be let in. Helpful owner arrived in minutes and showed me to my room.
The rooms? Well, they are clean but very dated (satin look bedspreads, mine had a cigarette burn on it.) Rooms at front will hear m4 traffic. My room was lovely and warm and the wifi worked and was easy to connect to Internet. Bathroom overlooked car park and road, I showered in the dark as the window was clear with only a net curtain to hide modesty.
Bar and restaurant nicely decorated, food really nice, very friendly and welcoming staff.
I wouldn't return as the rooms were too basic for me. I also could not see any smoke alarm sensors in my room or the landing. That said, the staff were very friendly.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We visited the hotel with friends for a pre-Christmas get together. We arrived a bit early but were welcomed very warmly and they even opened up the bar just for us. Our rooms were very good, clean and spacious (and we actually had a real key not a piece of plastic).
The breakfast was brilliant, plentiful and hot.
The only down sides were it took quite a while for the hot water to come through for the shower and there was no heating in our bathroom so we had to leave the bedroom door open overnight.
We will certainly return if we are ever in the area again. Thank You

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Datchet
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Datchet Mead Hotel? Share your experiences!