“3 times visited & 3 delightful meals!!”

Borve Country House Pub
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Borve
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Each time we visited I thought that the meal could not be better than the last time & how wrong was I!! First meal was a Steak with all the trimmings & at the time it was the best Steak that I had ever eating. Second time was a Spaghetti Carbonara & even with the Mushrooms it was sheer delight to eat. Finally our third visit was better than the first 2 put together - now, some people would find this unusual however I am an unusual person.... I had the Full Day Breakfast which was to die for then followed by the Malteaser Ice Cream which is heavenly!!

Did not have much interaction with the Waiting Staff however when I did they were most professional & friendly.

The Restaurant itself is lovely & very welcoming. The last 2 times we visited we sat in the Conservatory which was full of natural light with a great view. The overall situation of the Hotel is in such a lovely part of the island & you can tell that the owner is proud of their location & Hotel but the work that has been done to the hotel & the surrounding area with the lovely looking Chalets (hopefully one day myself & my Fiancee will be able to book one for a weekend?).

This is my first ever review that I have written so I apologise if it lacks substance however I hope that someone reads it & it may encourage them to come to this Restaurant to taste the delights that they offer?!

1  Thank ericmac1978

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We held a family get together at Borve House and about 30 people were able to attend. I had managed to pre-order most of the meals and provided a seating plan which certainly helped to make the distribution of the meals easier. Each course was delivered within the space of a few minutes which is no mean feat when there are only two waitresses (for one of them it was her first night!) There was also another large party that evening and whilst I am aware that the kitchen regularly cater for more than a hundred each evening, it must be easier to cope with small parties of two and four than large ones such as ours so full marks to the catering staff. The meals were all very much enjoyed and the portions were very generous. The waitresses were friendly and very attentive and I can honestly say that we all enjoyed it and will certainly return. I have commented previously about certain locals who use the bar and appear to resent visitors and one in particular still conveys this but we ignore him as we have found that we are in fact more local than he is and we have never seen him eating a meal, just hugging a glass! We have lovely photographs to remember our visit (thanks to the waitress who obliged and coped with so many different cameras).

Reviewed 16 September 2012

All food freshly cooked which meant a little wait. Less choice for vegetarians,but accommodating staff - I had 2 starters.

1  Thank Jane046
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Had great lunch here, looked very smart and clean - a great place to stop

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Not a lot of choice in the area but this was good plain food and fair prices