“Cosy atmosphere”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The pub is now under new management and it seems the locals are really pleased with this. Anyone we asked said it's a much, much nicer place now.
We were greeted straight away by the bar man, who was really friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to see us. He took our drinks ordered and offered to open up a tab for us for the evening.
We were given the menu and specials menu, but also told that it was curry night. There isn't an awful lot of choice for veggies in this part of the country, so I was really pleased to see a veggie option for curry night.
It was a big portion of curry, rice, a big poppadom, and a bowl of chutney. It was a little oily, but apart from that it was really nice.
We were offered desserts, but were both too full.

The pub itself is decorated really nicely and there's is a lot of local artists artwork on the wall. There's also a beautiful sitting area with big wooden beams, big sofa's, a roaring open fire, and it just looked really welcoming.

Excellent service and a lovely local pub.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Warm welcome on arrival and shown the menu which had lots of choice and also Specials on the board.
Nice cosy atmosphere and a comfy lounge area for relaxing after your meal.
Parking to the side of pub.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I live in Chapmanslade and we regularly go for a drink and sometimes a meal the food is very good especially the burger but the sunday roast is ok but mushy veg but meat and potatoes lovely great atmosphere I had a party there once and the staff made it fun and enjoyable I go there if I where u

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Enjoyed an excellent meal to celebrate our wedding Anniversary, Our pretty little waitress Louise was efficient and charming. As was the lovely French guy, front of house ( Sorry didn't get your name). Spacious seating and pleasant décor we felt relaxed and chilled. We shared the Camembert starter and it was plenty for 2. I had the duck breast, it was cooked pink and melted in the mouth, complimented by sumptuous sweet potato chips, yummy. Hubby had the sirloin and it was cooked to perfection with a delicious Dianne sauce. Will definitely return and can recommend this pub to anyone looking for a special night out. Very reasonably price as well.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've got to say, this is one of the best places that I've eaten at. The staff (Ellie and Liam) were extremely friendly during my visit. The view is amazing (and definatley worth a visit in the summer for a tan). If your hungry, have the nacho's. they are the beat nacho's i've ever eaten at a restaurant. I've so far had 3 meals at this restaurant and each meal has been done perfectly, are extremely generous portions for the price, and absolutely full of flavour (every credit to Bruce!!). No matter how busy they are, the staff make time for any query or comment that you have and was well worth the trip (30 mins each way for me today!)

I will definitely be returning and would urge anyone to give it a go!!!! :)

Thanks guys!!