“A good local pub!”

The Three Horseshoes
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Horseshoes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Very good service and friendly staff! I'm a local and enjoy it and as do my friends. Personal thoughts on the food: excellent taste however presentation could be improved upon. I visited in the winter and the decorations added made us all feel festive- especially with the log fire; It provided warmth which added to a nice vibe for me and friends!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Really friendly place, nice atmosphere but the food is very, very average. Great shame, as we've dined there before on a couple of occasions and it's been fine. Wouldn't eat there again, I'm afraid.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Yesterday we found ourselves in the area of this pub. Not even knowing it existed we pulled in and asked if they could squeeze us in. The Charming bar staff fell over themselves to get us in to the last available table in the pub. A great pint of Cornish coaster (the lesser known and in my view better cousin of Doombar), was quaffed as the reasonable (for a Sunday) menu was perused. I chose the roast Turkey, my Mum who was with me had the fish and chips (a piece of cod that surely filled up one boats EU quota for that day), and my daughter chose fish fingers.
Even though the restaurant was heaving, we waited no longer than 15 minutes for the food. The waitress was charming polite and helpful. The food itself lovely. No faults found at all.
Ok, its not going to win a Michlan star, and serious foodies could no doubt find some crticism with it. But to my palate it was fantastic. Good honest food done realy well. But I have to mention the staff who were probably the most polite, focused and efficient staff I have witnessed in a long time. It realy stood out how well managed and pleasant they were. They genuinely looked like they enjoyed thier job. And at just over £30 for the three of us (including drinks and Ice cream for my daughter), its not going to break the bank. Definatley will be back very soon - will probably plump for the burger this time as it looked amazing. 10/10, great little pub.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recently went to the Three Horseshoes for the first time in several years. It has been completely transformed since my last visit! It is very tastefully decorated with friendly staff. The food was so so tasty, I couldn't fault it. The smoked trout mousse I had to start with was divine!! I would reccomend and will be returning!! =)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The pub is now under new management and it seems the locals are really pleased with this. Anyone we asked said it's a much, much nicer place now.
We were greeted straight away by the bar man, who was really friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to see us. He took our drinks ordered and offered to open up a tab for us for the evening.
We were given the menu and specials menu, but also told that it was curry night. There isn't an awful lot of choice for veggies in this part of the country, so I was really pleased to see a veggie option for curry night.
It was a big portion of curry, rice, a big poppadom, and a bowl of chutney. It was a little oily, but apart from that it was really nice.
We were offered desserts, but were both too full.

The pub itself is decorated really nicely and there's is a lot of local artists artwork on the wall. There's also a beautiful sitting area with big wooden beams, big sofa's, a roaring open fire, and it just looked really welcoming.

Excellent service and a lovely local pub.