“They have done it again”

The Three Horseshoes
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Horseshoes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We have just had another delicious meal at the Three Horseshoes. Once again Ben and his staff have excelled . This place just ticks, a full restaurant of happy diners , tony and Ben in the kitchen serving scrumptious French treats Thanks

Ben L, General Manager at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Adamoooo,
Thank you very much for your great comments!
We are all looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Regards,
Ben

Reviewed 21 May 2014

On arrival got our drink order wrong TWICE! Starter was poor, I had scollops which had about 2 bits of scollop in! As mains I had the duck and my girlfriend had the burger which was okay, my duck was raw and not eatable, the male waiter agreed! When asked for the bill we were charged full price for something we did not eat. I didn't want to complain but my girlfriend was not happy and asked why we have been charged for something we did not eat? The waiter huffed and puffed and agreed to take off 25% of the duck. When leaving a girl did apologise for his behaviour. We will definitely never be back there!

Ben L, General Manager at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi Annyth,
I read your review carefully and first of all I would like to apologize if you felt like you haven't been treated fairly last night.
The main issue comes from the fact that your duck wasn't cooked enough for your taste.
However, when I came and checked on your main courses, you both told me that everything was alright. If you had asked me to have it cooked a bit longer, I would have obliged straight away...
When I cleared your plate and took them back to the kitchen, I sliced through the meat using your cutlery and could only noticed that it was cooked pink and perfectly eatable.
Going back to your starter, I recall asking you if you enjoyed it and you told me that it was very nice with a smile, so there again, I couldn't realise that you were disappointed.
Your drinks order wasn't wrong at all. You ordered Malibu and coke for your girlfriend which is what I gave you in the first place. She then came back to me complaining that the coke was "really, really flat" and she would have Malibu and lemonade instead. The lemonade and coke come from the same tap at the bar so if one is flat, the other one is too. But after checking them, they were both fine. So I opened a bottle of coke (which cost me a lot more money) to use as a mixer.
When your girlfriend came to the bar with the bill asking for a discount, I gave her 25% off all the food, not only off the duck...
Once again, I'm sorry you were disappointed, but I believe you should have told me what was wrong when I came and asked you instead of waiting for the end of your meal.
Regards,
Ben

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Half my plate of food was roasting hot, the other cold! We were all ill when we got home. One waiter was very polite. The tall female bartender was very direct .. She didn't like complaints! !

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a lovely relaxing lunch at this pub. Choose from the 2 small meals for £8.95, choice of mains and a choice of 3 desserts. Just right for a lunchtime meal. friendly service. Nice to see a village pub busy.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had another fantastic evening. Thanks to Ben and his team. ....and the new menu from Tony has made sure we'll be back again

1  Thank Adamoooo