“Another "Average" Motel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Maitland
Kempsey, Australia
“Another "Average" Motel”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

A concrete encased quadrangle of rooms so typical of Aussie motels.
Rooms are not large but offer reasonably good accommodation and are clean.
Staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant has reasonably good "value for money" meals including dinner available to your room.
On a very noisy highway so opt for a room at the rear

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
SUNSHINE COAST AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed one night driving from QLD to Sydney. It was Easter and the restaurant was closed. This is a very old motel in need of a refurb, double glazing the windows would help with the road noise ! The room was cramped with too much furniture for the size of the room. It was supposedly a queen size bed - but it was smaller than ours at home ! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 February 2012

we had a good stay at the motel but we found the room was very hot and the air con could not be adjusted as there was no remote to be found but we will be back again . Staff was friendly and breafast was great the only motel where we didnt have to ask for poached eggs. John & I have to go back to Maitland as what we went for was cancelled and we have to rebook

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2012

we stayed in a 2br apartment in their apartments which are separate from the main precinct. we booked at 2br apt with double in 1/2singles in other. however even though i confirmed the alternate apt we were moved to had the same bedding setup as we'd initially booked, i was disappointed to find it hadn't (and that the apt was up a flight of exterior stairs). that being said, the staff were more than accomodating in ensuring we got a trundle in the 2nd bedroom, and also when our fridge went on the fritz they replaced that immediately. the parking was well-appointed but not marked out for room numbers so it seemed a free-for-all and one night i had to park on the street when all parks were taken (bad esp. considering it was raining, i was staying on my own with 3 kids and they were all asleep when i got back!) overall our stay was okay but i would probably not choose them again. the price was family-friendly but this might be the main pro of staying here. Also when i checked out i advised the management of my unhappiness with our issue and the staff promised to pass it on - but i was not contacted again. we didn't eat in the restaurant or swim in the pool but would have had we had time, both looked welcoming.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Bungendore
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed one night here and the room was very comfortable, clean and the staff were helpful.
There is a restaurant on site, which is very good as there doesn't seem to be any other options on the eastern side of Maitland. The menu is very meaty, in fact I couldn't find a single vegetarian option. As I'm an omnivore, this was fine for me, but others may find it limiting.....The menu does offer 'viking cutlets'. I have no idea what these are or what they have to do with the Captain Cook Endeavour theme, nor indeed what that has to do with Maitland.......

If needing to stay in or near Maitland, then this motel is good. It was full when I was there on a Monday night so do not rely on just turning up. The price is what you would expect to pay in a town boosted by mining.

Room Tip: Outside my room was one of the outdoor table/chairs, undercover, for smokers. If you are annoyed by...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stay at the Endeavour whenever I am in town on business as it is convenient to the office. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service is always friendly. The meals out of the restaurant are decent quality and I like that they cook special requests for those times when you are sick of restraunt food! Traffic noise is worse in some rooms than others but it's something that you expect when booking into a motel on the main road. Overall, I like this place and the people that work/frequent here and will continue to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back if traffic noise will be an issue for you.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here for two nights in so called "Family Room". Without offence to anyone, this room looked more like a jail cell than a motel room. As it was facing the highway, I had a bit of trouble with falling and staying asleep thanks to trucks compression braking as they were slowing down for traffic light.
In my room I had few guest cockoraches. I did not enjoy their company so, as I was leaving for work in the morning, I killed one and left him on the floor right in the middle of the room.
When I returned in the afternoon, he was still there, after my room "has been cleaned".
The hosts, however, were very friendly and helpful, no complaints there. Food in the restaurant was also not too bad.
With a bit of TLC, this could be a nice place, but as it is now, I don't think I'll be in a hurry to come back here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in East Maitland

Been to Best Western Endeavour Motel? Share your experiences!