We had one of the best holidays here.
Initially I was a bit put off by old-looking bathroom and crowds during day times. I got used to it and didn't mind these at all. Crowds didn't show up until 10am and left most of the time around 4pm.
Snorkeling was best before the breakfast and before the crowds came in. Maybe we were luckily, but the water was very clear for 2 days in early hours, and we could see a lot of fish.
The island gets really quiet without the crowds, and it is possible to enjoy silence early in the morning, later in the evening.
The sunrise and sunsets were stunning, again one of the best. I won't forget the colors. In order to see the sunset it is better to leave 30-40 mins early.On the way back, have your torch ready and watch out for snakes and mice.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Basic but plenty of food. We were really full.
The hotel is going through a transformation, and we wish they go the right direction by not destroying the nature and damaging the delicate ecosystem of the island.
The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They were really friendly, attentive and helpful. In the restaurant Chris, Ronney and Vivian ran a great service. Ronney is the guy you can have a nice chat with about anything, and he is the guy you can consult on various activities.
Actually I had an unfortunate accident. I sprained my ankle very badly. Chris and the rest of the staff went and beyond to get the first aid done in the hotel, then they arranged a transfer to a local hospital in K.K. Chris even stayed with us in the hospital until the treatment was done. Thanks to them I could spend the night in relatively less pain.
Overall we had great time. The time we had in Manukan will remain with us for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manukan Island Resort is located just off the coast of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and provides an island getaway with luxurious accommodation options. A mere 10 minutes by boat from the city of Kota Kinabalu, Manukan island is the second largest island of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park and provides an idyllic option for island accommodation in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Manukan Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manukan Island Hotel Manukan Island
- Manukan Island Resort Sabah