The Bunga Raya was the first stop on our honeymoon and we had a lovely, relaxing few days there. Our beachfront villa was beautiful, complete with plunge pool, double sunbed, hammock and a 30 second stroll to the sea. We visited in low-seasons so there wasn't much atmosphere (about 10 of the 50 villas were occupied) and we often found ourselves dining alone at night which was a bit strange. We probably saw more wildlife than people (warty pigs, oriental pied hornbills, geckos and grey macaques), which was fine by us! The staff were very attentive and helpful, and I'd particuarly recommend the free canopy walk. It's short but interesting and the guides are very knowledgable. The only drawback really was the food, which I'd say is more 3 star than 5 star. The Malaysian meals were quite good but the rest was fairly basic although having read other reviews, we weren't too surprised about this as it's been mentioned before. Overall, a lovely, relaxaing few days and unless you're a massive foodie, I'm sure you'll love it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa