Leaving Jesselton, whizzing across the blue, slightly polluted, South China Sea and you can feel the sun, wind and water soaking up all your tension.
The staff are smiling, friendly and happy, not intrusive, always close by to help with any request or answer any question, especially about hibiscuses, wild boars or monkeys.
The villas are uncomplicated, tranquil, well-appointed, jungle perfect.
In any of the massage rooms that flow into the jungle the staff at Solace Spa, who, have magic hands, will know how to make you feel, pampered, massaged, scrubbed, and relaxed.
After a day of doing something or nothing it’s easy to indulge in the amazing food, not paku pakis and, although, the cocktail list needs some work and ordering can be an adventure you don’t really mind as you sit listening to the music and the waves and drink experimental martinis.
After a walk on the beach and a night cap collapse into the very comfy bed and let the sounds of the ocean, or jungle, lull you off to sleep.
We can’t wait to return (3rd time) to see our warm, dancing, happy friends and to see what wonderful changes have been made.
When you arrive and see the green jungle hiding all the villas, red umbrellas by the pool, the white sandy beach and the jetty reaching out to meet you, you suspect you are somewhere special. After a few days of being there with the smiling you know you are somewhere special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa