“Good food”

Cilantro On The Lake
Price range: US$20 - US$43
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on picturesque Emerald Lake in Field, British Columbia, Cilantro on the Lake is open in the spring and summer seasons, and for private events year round. We offer signature Rocky Mountain Cuisine, with items such as elk and bison.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Good staff, lovely setting, good menu choice served quickly and efficiently. The food was hot and tasty

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great view food very good. a nice day to drive from calgary a great place to bring grandma for lunch .

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This spot on the Emerald Lake is quite special. A charming restaurant in a wonderful setting with good service, but with average food. Pricey for the quality of food that is provided, but you are paying for the location and setting. We were seated at the window with a wonderful view of the pond beside the restaurant and forests. A casual restaurant that is nice for lunch and recommended.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

As we did an extended stay in the Canadian Rockies, this was in of our favorite "happy hour" spots. If I knew it existed, it would be the first place I looked for lodging too!

The lake is gorgeous and so serine, after a canoe around we stopped for a late lunch and wine, it was perfect. Outside deck, good food, the view is amazing! This is a true hidden gem!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I had our last restaurant meal of our nearly 2-week Canadian Rockies vacation on the patio of this restaurant overlooking the lake, and it was a great ending to the trip. The combination of good food, friendly service, and sitting outside in nice weather looking at a beautiful lake made this a 5-star experience, even though the food itself might be closer to 4 stars. I had a 3-cheese pizza with yellow heirloom tomatoes, which was large enough that I could only eat half and took home the rest for dinner to share (thus making the cost of the lunch more reasonable). My husband had the bison burger with caramelized onion, gouda, chili aioli, lettuce, tomato, and a side of roasted potatoes. By law the burger had to be cooked no rarer than medium, but it was still tasty and was not dry. I had fresh lemonade that was made with lemon, grapefruit, and honey--refreshing and tasty--and my husband had red wine.
Lunch was not cheap but the experience was worth it.