“Never Again”

Sousta Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Sousta Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Congresbury
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport, United Kingdom
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am Greek and proud of it. Sadly for me there wasn't much that was Greek about this restaurant. Starters arrived well over an hour late. The prawns were like those miniature frozen ones from Iceland. Believe me I know what Saganaki is and this was not Saganaki! Salad looked like it was past its sell by date. Main course dreadful. Waiter was friendly enough and was apologetic about the late food - apparently everything was cooked from fresh??!! I cannot believe that someone regards this place as one of the best 5 restaurants in the world (see last review). Its one of the worst I have been too. To anyone reading this review: if you doubt me, try it for yourself. If you want good Greek food and a real Greek atmosphere locally, go to Opa in Bath.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Spibo58

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“lovely night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were treated absolutely brilliantly the staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was excellent would highly recommend the only thing I would say is that there was a turn on but it was a bit too load you couldnt hear what was being said between the two of us or the staff, ut apart from that absolutely brillian would defiantly go again.

• Visited March 2014
“It remains wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have read some of the reviews and I dont understand them. We went for Sunday lunch because one of my well travelled friends regards it as one of the best 5 restaurants in the world really. The lunch was great the service was wonderful. If you have a problem speak to the staff they will be upset and will want to address it. I go back time and again and never been disappointed.

Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We booked for a birthday, but didn't leave in high spirits :-(

Started with pre-dinner drinks and got hurried along to our table (in a very rude manner!) Menus got thrust at us, and then got repeatedly asked just moments later what we wanted (was a large party so needed a bit more time to order).
Starters arrived - one had a shard of glass in!! No apology from waitress/owner etc, in fact don't think they really cared! Mains arrived - minus two meals and two sides, the meals (still no sides!) eventually turned up once everyone had finished, and were still cold and unappetising. Again, no apology just a shoulder shrug.
Bill came with late meals and sides included- I refused to pay for them. Not even offered a pudding or coffee etc.
complained several times regarding drinks not turning up etc and not once was there an ounce of service. Waitresses all sour faced, with 'no care' attitudes. Have never once experienced this level of service before. So so poor. I really wouldn't bother if you're thinking of booking, you'd get better service in the McDonald's drive thru.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KLMBEA
Bristol, United Kingdom
“DONT EVER GO HERE- total RIP OFF”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

What an absolute dive. The decor is dated and ugly. The staff were not at all warm or welcoming from the moment we walked through the door. We arrived at 7:30 this evening and were served our starters fairly quickly. However, we were then left with our dirty plates for half and hour after we had finished them and had to put them on to another empty table behind us for the waiters to even get the message that we had finished. After 2 hours had passed we were still without are main courses. By this time it was nearly 10pm. Definitely not a time you want to start eating. So I spoke to someone who looked fairly managerial and explained how long we had been waiting and was told that I needed to appreciate that they were busy and that they cooked everything from fresh. That is not the answer I was expecting. No sign of sympathy or apology granted and was just given the usual phrase of your food will be up next. Disgusting response. 15 mins later we were then served our main courses. Most of them were nearly edible and my chicken was stone cold and the salad covered in some slimy 'dressing'. Definitely not worth £15! We were then expected to pay full price for the bill and were at no point offered a discount or just simply an apology. A real let down. DON'T EVER GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, my partner had his expensive barbour scarf stolen from here too with the staff denying any knowledge of it.

• Visited May 2014