“Chef's night off? Meal disaster”
Review of Sousta Greek Taverna - CLOSED

Sousta Greek Taverna
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The waiting staff were friendly...but that is where the good points end. The humous was watery and overpriced. Then they got our order wrong. At least my partners main meal was supposed to have meat in it. I ordered vegetarian moussaka, so had not expected to find (lamb?) mince in it. A very apologetic waiter and ten minutes later the correct meals arrived. However, the now-vegetarian moussaka was still frozen in the middle. Five minutes later it returned after I presume a second re-heat in the microwave, but by that time I had lost my appetite. My partner was given a free beer whilst we waited for the correct food, and I was informed that I would not be charged for my main meal - because that makes up for feeding a vegetarian dead animal then frozen food?!

2  Thank Silverorlando

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have been to soustas on a number of occasions, we've been to the mezze night where they have an entertainer which was brilliant! We've had 3 birthday party's there including a surprise one- staff are always helpful and very attentive. Food is superb, cooked freshly and filled with flavour. The restaurant has a homely feel to it whilst still being very professional, you'll be looked after and greeted like an old friend. We love it. The menu is very large as well which you don't always get in authentic restaurants, people complain of the price...if you like fresh food and good cuts of meat...it's a very fair price.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Sousta Greek taverna my fave place to go and eat they have something for everyone the staff are amazing the owners are fab and it's such a a great atmosphere in there love it would 100% recomend it to any one.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to this restaurant with some friends and ordered food to takeout. We were invited to sit in the waiting area with some drinks and wait for our food to be prepared. The smell of a wood burner was a pleasant accompaniment to the relaxed atmosphere where we sat and waited. We ordered a mix of meat and vegetarian dishes and when the takeaway food was brought out to us in a large box the individual dishes were labelled so as to make the distinction. We took the food home and began to unpack what can only be described as a veritable feast! The salad was fresh and colourful, the dolomades stuffed to perfection, the vegetarian moussaka was the best I have ever tried, and the soft butter beans in tomato sauce worked symbiotically to create an incredible taste. Being the vegetarian in the group I cannot comment on the meat dishes, only to say that they smelt incredible and were savoured by my friends. With so much food on offer, we were unable to finish it all but needless to say what remains will certainly be an additional treat today.

1  Thank Dav1d0s
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food ruined by appalling service. Waited an hour for our food. Restaurant was too busy and overbooked. Only two staff serving. Such a shame....

2  Thank Lizadean1