Spa at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My sister booked for me and my family and friends to have a spa day, with treatment and lunch (package) It was amazing, everyone enjoyed the spa facilities, especially the treatments, where most had a full body massage!
Lunch was really tasty and came with a glass of bubbly, there is a balcony and luckily the weather was quite good. The staff couldn’t have been more attentive, so friendly and explained everything to us. When having lunch one of the staff approached me with a bouquet of flowers, compliments of the spa, such a lovely gift

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My mother and I booked onto the Top 2 Toe Spa Day and were really looking forward to it. We had previously been to the Cadbury Hotel to have dinner at the Marco Pierre White restaurant and I can't compliment that highly enough. It was a lovely night with great food and impeccable staff. Therefore I had high hopes for the spa.

The spa receptionists were not particularly polite or clear. My mother, although not old, has hearing issues and I myself found I couldn't hear what they were saying let alone her! The layout of the building seemed really confusing, I think in part due to their lack of clarity on explanation! I was lost several times in the day.

We were given a form to complete and meal options. Then we were given a robe and flip flops. I was given absolutely TINY flip flops - they must have been size 4? I was not asked what size I was but they were manageable. We were taking to the changing rooms and got changed before heading out to 'relax' in the pool/hot tub/sauna area. We had not realised it was half term so the pool was full of noisy children. Although this could not be helped I would much rather go to a spa where children were not allowed. Regardless, even if children had not been there the pool is not a 'relaxing' pool and there were only 2 plastic lounge chairs in the whole swimming area! They were taken the whole time we were there. There is a large hot tub but this was packed full of people like sardines. My mum decided to go wait for her treatment and as I had 15 minutes I decided the only option I had was to swim lengths. I tried to but even though there was roped off lanes people stood at either end making it quite difficult and I gave up and sat in the sauna before heading to my treatment.

I got lost for several minutes on my way back to the treatment room which was never shown to me but I deduced was next to the spa reception. The treatment rooms were lovely, dark and relaxing with really conformable arched/curved chairs. The foot treatment was quite non descript - I wouldn't describe it as a foot massage but rather a cooling mask that left my feet cold for hours! It was quite pleasant. The shoulder and neck massage was the best part and very good. The head massage was a bit uncomfortable and unlike the head massages you get at the hairdressers, this was hard and unrelaxing. I asked my Mum afterwards and she said she felt the same.

After our treatment we had a coffee in the restaurant/bar area. The man on duty there was really helpful and honestly the best impression I had that day was of him. He even made me a lactose free latte. We then went back down to the pool as we hadn't been able to book lunch until 2.30

The hot tub was a bit quieter so we sat in there for 30 minutes before getting changed. We were told to spend the whole day in our robes and to have our lunch in them if we chose. Unfortunately the pool area is just so unrelaxing that there is no way we could have stayed longer. The changing facilities are quite nice and feature hair dryers and even a machine to dry your swimming costumes.

The lunch was ok. I had a roasted vegetable jacket potato and it was pleasant but nothing extraordinary. Overall my impression of the spa was very lack lustre and I would not reccomend it. Essentially it felt like a leisure centre with a massage. The man in the restaurant however was really polite and accomodating.

2  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My girlfriend treated me to spa vouchers as a Birthday gift, they included use of the spa, a meal and a glass of wine. It all sounded great and was really looking forward to my relaxing spa day (wow, I can't wait). Well,,, how wrong could I have been, this was a total disappointment. I completely agree with all the other negative feedback comments, It's a total rip off. It is that bad that if instead you went to your local pool, bought a bottle of the cheapest plonk and had a burger at Mc Donalds. You would have a better time, and have saved a heap of money! My advice... do not go.

3  Thank Richard E W
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for a 2 night romantic get away, we were not disappointed. The room was peaceful, roomy, immaculate with all the mod cons. My husband had notified the hotel it was my birthday and they sent a plate of strawberries with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate, a nice touch.
The hotel boasts a Marco Pierre Whites Restaurant, we ate here on our 2nd night, the food was superb and the service attentive. Mimmo the restaurant manager was friendly and professional taking time to chat with us enquiring about our stay. Breakfast was buffet style English and Continental and of a very high standard. Spa and leisure facilities were used on both days of our stay the swimming pool was a good size and the water warm, there was also loungers where we relaxed read our books, a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.
We found all the staff friendly, smiling and polite and all areas of this hotel immaculate. Will we return most definitely we have already rebooked!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Lovely spa very tranquil and nice facilities. Only downside is the maze like hike to the lounge bar from the swimming area. But apart from that my mother and I had a lovely day.

Travellers who viewed Spa at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House also viewed

Edingworth, Weston-super-Mare
Congresbury, Somerset

Been to Spa at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!