We drove up the drive past the sports club to the main hotel where we couldn’t easily find the car park, which turned out to be a little further on by the new part of the building. Having parked we discovered that Reception was back up the hill, up a series of metal (might be slippery) steps dragging a suitcase behind me. Once at reception and having caught my breath the check in went smoothly with a promise that our 2 separate bookings had been consolidated and we’d have the same room for both nights.
Getting to the room was up the elevator to the new part of the hotel and a very lovely room. The view was nothing – a wooded bank, but inside it was great, with a comfortable bed, large screen TV and a bright clean bathroom with a powerful shower and quality toiletries.
Sadly the Vodafone mobile reception was nearly nil and the free WiFi lasted for a total of one hour per day. There was free WiFi in the public parts of the hotel, but to get more in the room was an astonishing £10 per day. We didn’t bother. Surely Hilton realise this should be inclusive these days?
We went out for the evening and found the security bar of our room door had activated itself by gravity meaning we had to get the hotel’s help to get back in. Worryingly we heard another guest complaining of the same problem later on.
We slept well, the heavy curtains keeping the light out, and the air conditioning running quietly. Breakfast was included for one night. It was very good with a good mix of cooked and cold items and with good coffee.
Next day after a day out we couldn't get back in our room till the key-card was reactivated, so no, they hadn't properly merged our 2 separate bookings into one.
On the first night we also used the swimming pool, gym etc down the hill at the sports club. The facilities were included in the room fee and were very good. Lighting was poor with signs written in orange making them virtually unreadable. The pool was big, the jacuzzi was great and the steam room was well worth the visit.
We'd stay here again, but they should improve the car parking/access issues urgently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton – Cadbury House, the South West’s newest four Star 132 Bedroom contemporary boutique Hotel & Spa. Cadbury House is a stunning venue set within rolling English countryside, making it the ideal backdrop for your Wedding, Private Party, Business Event, Spa Break or Dining Experience. Cadbury House is in a convenient location and is only minutes away, from the M5 motorway, Bristol airport and Bristol City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Hotel Congresbury
- Cadbury Hotel Health
- DoubleTree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Congresbury, Somerset