“Pleasant stay, Nice Cookie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay, Nice Cookie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arrived here early on route back from Cornwall. Was quite surprised to be allowed to check in early.

Reception staff was friendly and gave us a couple of free cookies on check in. The Cookies were very tasty and quite big

The Room was comfortable however there was only free wi fi in public areas.

Breakfast in the MPW restaurant was edible but that’s about it nothing special buffet style so had been sitting under lamps for a while. Honey was on available

Did not eat in the restaurant for dinner as looking at the menu and seeing the size of the portions felt it was not very good value

The Free cookies where that nice that we purchase some for the trip back to London, however the purchased ones where a little stale.

The Sauna pool etc was a little walk from the main hotel and we found the place to be a little cold

All in all a pleasant overnight stay and would stay again if I’m in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edward B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of my Nieces wedding day celebration , it was a lovely location after the church ,the grounds made for good location Photos and back grounds for the wedding photo shots . The staff were all great ,very polite and helpful . The Wedding Breakfast ,or celebration meal was a five course meal in the hotel and the food was superb the wines and beers and of course Champagne were all top class , and all dietary needs were meet with out fuss , it all help to make it a great day .

2 Thank Collin S
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Enjoyed everything about my one night stay here. It is a lovely, tranquil hotel, with lovely views and very helpful and pleasant staff. They even found my sunglasses for me that I had mislaid. They recognised my Diamond status and I had a very nice room and was even given a large bottle of wine as welcome gift, in addition to the amazing Doubletree cookie :) Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors for best rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelRebel13
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have now stayed here 3 times as a base for visiting my daughter, who is a student in Bristol.
It's a lovely hotel, with impressive views over the countryside towards the Bristol Channel in the distance.
The breakfast is one of the best I have come across, with a great variety of hot and cold food, including smoked salmon.
The rooms and beds are comfortable. Bath robes are provided.
My only quibble is that I stay with my sister and my daughter in a triple room and we always have to ask for a third glass and mug. There are always three sets of towels, so why the glass and mug seem to be forgotten is a mystery. Having said that, I cannot fault the staff response- the extra items arrive quickly, delivered by charming and apologetic staff.
As a whole, the staff are excellent and extremely helpful.
We usually eat in the bar- the food is good.
All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Bristol Channel.
2 Thank LancashireTaurean
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great hotel and service however we felt let down somewhat by the MPW restaurant experience. The rest of the stay was lovely and we were well looked after in the lounge and spa and overall enjoyed the break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Edward C
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

After reading lots of different reviews about this hotel, I've decided to add my own. What a lovely day/night away we had. Reception - a very warm welcome from both staff on duty and of course the warm cookies went down very well (very different). We arrived 3hrs earlier than check in and we planned to use the spa facilities, only to be told that our room was ready which was very nice to hear. We had booked a junior suite which was lovely (Room 301). Although it was a blustery wet day it didn't spoil the stunning views. A 5 minute unpack and off to the spa. My wife was having a full body massage at 4pm so with time to spare we went for a Swim, Sauna , Steam and Jacuzzi which was wonderful. For a Saturday afternoon the pool was nice and quiet, as was the Steam and Sauna rooms. Both the changing rooms were very clean and the showers piping hot. My wife said her massage was superb and again the staff very professional and helpful. I myself wandered back to the hotel and had a couple of Becks Viers (£4 a pint) and enjoyed the free wifi. We then had a little relax before getting ready for dinner at Marco Pierre White's. Wow!! What an amazing meal we had...Pork Scratchings on the table(£3). For starters Roasted Tomato soup and Calamari, both lovely, then my wife had the rosemary chicken and truffle chips and I had the 8oz fillet steak with Marmite butter, absolutely lovely!!! Skipped pudding as we were so full. £143 including 2 bottles of wine (£65). Staff again were brilliant and made us very welcome, the Maître D was brilliant, he came and told us out table was ready and carried our drinks to the table, didn't catch his name but he was Spanish.(all I can tell you). Back at the room we had a lovely comfortable nights sleep. Shower was amazing and the room very clean. Breakfast was amazing, a full english obviously but there were lots of different options, and again staff were lovely. The reason I gave this review 4 stars not 5 are for to minor things....the iron needs updating, it leaked and wasn't very good. The 2nd was that the room we were in was next to the lift so we heard all the late night revellers arriving back at there rooms(weddings etc.) so every time the lift arrived......'Ping!!' It's here....again! It didn't bother us to much but if you're light sleeper it will. The upside was that the room is directly above the bar which means I could pick up the free wifi and not have to pay for it hourly-which by the way should be free throughout!. All in all a wonderful stay and yes will be going back with the rest of our family.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bluedino73
bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were at the hotel as part of a wedding party. The staff made us all feel very welcome, they made sure it was a special day for the lucky couple. The rooms were well presented and comfortable, the wedding reception was well managed, the bar was convivial, breakfast was scrummy. Say no more.

1 Thank Peter B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!