This hotel is a bit like the curates egg - good in parts! On the good side it has a good location - 10 minutes from the M5 and 15 minutes to the airport . Reception desk staff are welcoming - but why did I need a chocolate cookie on arrival - I had been stuck in traffic on the M5 for far too long and needed a G&T. Oh and its a long walk from the car park if its raining.
Bedrooms OK - but on 2 recent visits lamp bulbs needed replacing - whats the Housekeeper doing about it - nothing. The architect who designed the bedrooms saved a door in each bathroom and for some daft reason put a window in the bathroom giving a view of the bedroom - so if you are a bit pervey and want to see your love one having a dump you've got it!!
2 restaurants - MPW's in the hotel and a bit of a Bistro/pub in the GYM/The Club about 100 yards away. The food in the Bistro is OK but nothing special - burger and chips/ fish and chips and so on. A 2 course meal for 2 comes out about £35.
The MPW restaurant is quite smart - but could do with somebody with a hoover and duster - the Bankette was covered in crumbs and dandruff - but then the governor is a bit of a scruffy chap and he probably wouldn't notice it (a dirty soup spoon didn't help either) Service is good, if a bit effusive, I lost count how many times we were asked if 'this' and 'that' course was OK and must have heard 'no problems' and no 'worries' about 30 times - what ever happened to 'thank you'?
A starter of Brushcetta without toasted bread was a bit odd - the manager didn't seem to know that a Bruschetta dish comes with toasted bread - and I can only think that the Chef doesn't check food leaving the kitchen. A 3 course meal for 2 with a couple of glasses of wine comes out about £70 . Overall this restaurant is not a patch on the one at Newcastle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton – Cadbury House, the South West’s newest four Star 132 Bedroom contemporary boutique Hotel & Spa. Cadbury House is a stunning venue set within rolling English countryside, making it the ideal backdrop for your Wedding, Private Party, Business Event, Spa Break or Dining Experience. Cadbury House is in a convenient location and is only minutes away, from the M5 motorway, Bristol airport and Bristol City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Hotel Congresbury
- Cadbury Hotel Health
- DoubleTree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Congresbury, Somerset