We stayed 4 nights in a room on the third floor facing the hill/grassy bank at the back. Unlike our last visit this was a slightly older part of the hotel and had a rather quirky see through window into the bathroom! Yes really! The bathroom door swung round isolating the toilet, or swung back in place to create a full bathroom. But why bother with a door when you have a clear window? Then just to add to the weirdness why not place a mirror in front of the window so anyone in the room can sit on the bed and watch your shower in comfort? The shower is a fixed rain-shower type and is over a very high edged bath – not easy to get in and out of and for the elderly, probably impossible.
The bed by the way was a comfortable King size with electrical sockets on one side, but not the other … not good for charging phones overnight. The air-conditioning was noisy and blew cold air directly over the bed and at bed level, so we soon killed that and opened the windows instead. There is 1 hour free WiFi per day, which soon disappears, failing that it’s pay through the nose, so I wandered down to the pleasant lounge by the lift to use the free public WiFi. Walking out onto the balcony from there gave an amazing view over the Severn Valley into Wales.
We didn’t use the restaurant as the prices were laughable, but we did dine once in the in-house Leisure Club down the road. The food, the service and the sensible prices made for a good meal. Downstairs we used the facilities a few times – gym and swimming pool which were good.
As the car park is down a hill from reception we dropped our bags off at the main door to check in and on check out went down the lift in the new part of the building and drove up to reception. Strangely on check out they tried to charge us for breakfast x 4 times at £25 per time, not even the £20 per time special offer they’d offered us and we’d declined, choosing to breakfast alternatively. In all fairness to them they immediately reversed this charge with apologies. Similarly, when our room was not serviced one day they apologised and rapidly set to, to resolve this.
We like the hotel, but suffered the inevitable drunken conference guest shouting in the corridor at night on one night, otherwise it was reasonably quiet, so we may well return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton – Cadbury House, the South West’s newest four Star 132 Bedroom contemporary boutique Hotel & Spa. Cadbury House is a stunning venue set within rolling English countryside, making it the ideal backdrop for your Wedding, Private Party, Business Event, Spa Break or Dining Experience. Cadbury House is in a convenient location and is only minutes away, from the M5 motorway, Bristol airport and Bristol City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Hotel Congresbury
- Cadbury Hotel Health
- DoubleTree By Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House Congresbury, Somerset