“Hilton Stay 201407”

DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was staying at The Hilton Double Tree, South Bristol as a gold Hilton Honours member. Upon arrival I checked in and received my room key. I went to the bar for an evening meal, ordered and asked if I could charge the drink and food to my room. I was told that I would have to sign for i as I did not have my room key holder, which was required to open a bar tab. I was perplexed as this was never explained to me upon check in - and by the fact that I had thrown the card away, as it hasn't been required in any other Hilton hotel I have stayed in. The next day i went to go to the gym- a 5 minute walk from the hotel - I was asked by the receptionist for my card. I presented my room key, surnam and room number. This was not sufficient apprently as the key card holder was also required - once again this was never stated to me at reception. I told the repceptionist that by the time I had walked back to my room to get my key card holder and walked back again I couldn't be bothered to go to the gym. I found this policy rather strange and contradictory to all other Hiltons that I have stayed, I found it most annoying that nobody at reception had told me of this or linked my booking to my Gold account.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed 5 August 2014

9 of us stayed here for 1 night for a hen do in Bristol. The grounds were lovely and a very impressive first impression as you come up the long driveway. A car load had arrived before we arrived (I was the lead booker) and they had no problems in getting their room key, and it was a very straight forward process. It was a mission and a half getting us to our rooms though, as with a fair bit of luggage (yes - even though it was 1 night only!!) there was one very small lift to take you to your rooms. It was also incredibly confusing working out how to get to the rooms, as most hotels base their numbering so if you're on level 1 - the room number starts at 100 (level 2, 200 and so forth) this hotel didn't do it, and all the corridors look the same! So we got very lost! However, once we had found our rooms, these were good. What was particularly good about this hotel, was that we were able to have 3 adults in 3 rooms, whereas so many places it's a maximum of 2, so this was great. Space wise for 3 adults, it wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, so I think 4 adults would be a bit too much of a squeeze!! But very clean, comfortable, fashionable looking rooms. The bathroom was amazing - the shower was just the most powerful shower! In fact, possibly too powerful as there was no way of adjusting it - so if you have a cut that stings at all, you'd just have to grin and bear it! The downside was the main bathroom door is frosted glass... which is fine if you're a family or a couple... but a little awkward between friends! Especially as we were continuously going between the other 2 rooms we'd booked out to chat with others whilst getting ready! Could do with an extra bit of milk to allow for a morning cuppa as well as an on arrival!
We booked a taxi through the front reception which I believe was very straight forward and they arrived exactly when they should and came right up to the front. The chap on front reception was really good at getting all the guests in the right car!
Beds were ok - perhaps a bit too solid (personal preference of course!) and my phone kept trying to connect to the radio (even when i switched my phone off!) which drove me insane! But I finally worked out how to turn off the radio! Air con was good. Our windows overlooked the car park, but as they have fancy netting up at the windows, we barely noticed the view. It was great to have such a late check-out at 12! And this was a very simple process. It's about a 30min journey into Bristol centre, but for the deal we got on our rooms, it was well worth paying for a taxi to be in a nicer room, than paying for a more central location. The next day we headed to Weston SuperMare, which again it was about 30min journey to get there. All in all, a good trip, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Son93423
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Perfect location for visiting Bristol or catching a flight from Bristol airport. Great facilities including swimming pool, sauna, steam room. Great breakfast served till late on a Sunday, friendly helpful staff and clean rooms.
The only downside was the very expensive cab ride with County cabs - recommended by the hotel- £24 for 4 miles!

Room Tip: Rooms have been added on over the years so can be a bit like a maze finding the way.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky W
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed here on business and was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a beautiful setting and we enjoyed drinks and nibbles on the sun drenched terrace. Our meeting room was clean and well presented. Food in the Marco Pierre White restaurant was exceptional (if a little expensive) but the service we received from Mariusz was absoluitely brilliant - he is a real credit to the place. Our bedrooms were clean, large and had air conditioning which was much welcomed after the heat wave we had been having. Overall I think this is an excenllent hotel and I will certainly be returning for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back of the hotel if you are worried about noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo_Brdly
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent facilities and exceptionally well located. Our rooms were in need of some refurbishment but comfortable and clean. Very courteous, efficient and attentive staff. We commented that we thought wi-fi charge of £10 was rather petty, whereupon it was withdrawn without a fuss. Overall, we consider this a very good value for money establishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Alexander D
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had 1 night here as we're staying to go Bristol airport early next morning . Hotel is stunning location excellent . Restaurant excellent . Staff nearly all great . One Down side was the reception said would book our transfers as was included only wen we came down in morning we waited mad it never came as wasn't booked . Night porter sorted out problem though and easily made flight . That was only downside really is stunning place to go

Room Tip: Just make sure reception definitely sorted transfers to airport if that's what you are doing . E...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on the way to Devon. Hotel dreadful,breakfast tasted awful, service provided by the worst kind of students. Toilets in restaurants absolutely filthy. No food for late checkin other than dregs from left over dinner. Poor excuse for Hilton brand.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mattgoestraveling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Winford Manor
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!