Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
1,502 results
All reviewsdeluxe villasnikki beachbeach clubtennis courtsthai restaurantorange clubbahia restaurantpool restaurantsea viewfabulous hotelper daymain poolfive star hotelheated poolpuerto banusgreat facilitiesshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Fabulous hotel located beachside in elviria about 15 minute drive from Marbella centre and old town. We stayed in tower room which was very spacious with large bathrooms with Molton brown amenities bathrobes and slippers. partial views to sea. All rooms in tower are either west or east facing. We were propert hunting in area so didn't bother to upgrade our room but to be honest it was more than ok with really comfortable bed and just the best pillows(choice of two!) Mini bar with tea and coffee making facilities and large bottle of water on arrival only! Breakfast when we first arrived was served indoors but then moved to poolside when weather changed. Breakfast buffet very good selection with usual fare including smoked salmon and also chef on hand to make freshly cooked eggs to order. Cava available as well which is also a plus! Hotel set I. Fabulous grounds with super pool areas on various levels with plenty of comfy beds with mattresses and freshly laundered towels set out around pools with umbrella shared between two beds. This leads down steps to wonderful tropical gardens with various ponds winding down to the don Carlos beach club with the beach beyond. Probably the best beach on the costa with a number of chiringuitos up and down the beach. Nikki beach is immediately to the left of the hotel which was being refurbed due to launch 1 may and a number of other beach clubs along the beach to the right of the hotel all seemed to be fully open. All looked really well attended but still not over crowding the beach or each other though that may not be the case in high season! Away from the beaches and into the town itself you will find a good selection of high end but not too flashy restaurants as well as more casual restaurants and little square full of nice bars all this about 10 minute walk down hill and across the motorway - this sounds awful but you really don't notice it being motorway and whilst close to hotel you don't hear a thing in hotel or by pools and I was listening out for it. Staff very friendly and efficient without being overly fawning. Really can't fault the hotel and will definitely stay again. If you are thinking of going to this hotel don't waste time researching anything else - this is a fab hotel in great location all within walking distance (in high heels), and 10 minute taxi ride int old town marbella which us a must- visit. With all this glowing praise I would just mention housekeeping in general good but could have been improved eg. Picture in our room had what looked like splash marks on glass which weren't cleaned whole time we were there along with some bits on carpet which were on floor since arrival. Don't get me wrong bathroom and bedding spotless but just a little slapdash around the edges so don't let it out you off. Also should mention turn down service each night was great.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there being a bad one - ours was standard room 205 in corner which I believed had larger bathroom. Also views to west so afternoon sun on balcony with views to sea and hills
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon S
MAngelesDC, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your comments which deeply satisfied us. Also, we would like to express our gratitude for having chosen our resort for your holidays. I am extremely happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments about your impressions and the service rendered during your stay.

Our guest’s opinion is the best way to aim efforts at offering you the best services and facilities.

It will be a pleasure for me to welcome you personally next time

Assuring you of my best personal care and attention at all times, I remain,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed at the Don Carlos with the kids aged 12 and 15
We were attracted by the tennis facilities which were superb. If you like clay courts you will love these perfectly groomed facilities...with a sea view.
The hotel at first sight was disappointing as the outside architecture is a little 'seventies' style but first impressions can be misleading. Inside the hotel is really attractive and kept spotlessly clean. The staff were a highlight and a special mention goes to Jose on reception for his warm welcome. The tennis reception ladies were extremely pleasant and helpful, appreciating the childrens attempts at Spanish and always providing service with a big smile.
If you are looking for a luxury beach holiday with beautiful gardens and ace tennis facilities book this grand hotel....we will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MAngelesDC, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor. I am extremely happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa.
As you well say, in our resort you can enjoy playing tennis with see view, I share with you the same feeling of how great is to play while you can see the sea.
I really appreciate your comments regarding our staff, special mention to our tennis receptionist and to Pepe ( Jose). I conveyed to them due that I am sure they like to know about the impression of our guest.
I hope your sons continuing their Spanish lessons at home; we look forward to seeing their results.
Once more thank you for your kind words and I hope to welcome you again to Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have just returned from a weekend break at the Don Carlos in Marbella.
We were greeted at reception by the lovely Maria who couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Our one bedroom apartment ( deluxe villa) was extremely comfortable and very well appointed.
Staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfast was excellent.
Although it was low season and the hotel was quiet, Maria assured us she could organise hair appointments and spa treatments if we required them.
While sunbathing on our final day she served us complimentary macaroons which were delicious and she was there to say goodbye to each of us before we left which added a very nice personal touch! All in all I was very impressed by the high standards of the hotel. I look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: March 2014
MAngelesDC, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful new to know that you have enjoyed your last visit to Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA, thank you very much. I really appreciate your comments.

Words like yours encourage us to continue and to make all possible efforts to maintain and even improve the standards of our services.

I would like to avail this opportunity to thank you very much your comments regarding Maria which I conveyed to her. For sure she appreciates them.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I just got back from a girlie weekend at the Don Carlos hotel just outside Marbella. We stayed in one of the villas which was stylish and spacious. The villas also benefit from private terraces with outdoor furniture and a private shared pool which we enjoyed. The very best thing about the villas however is that they come with the services of a guest manager and from the moment we arrived on Saturday morning until the minute we departed on Monday evening Maria was on hand to look after us in the most pleasant and professional manner possible. She greeted us so warmly and was constantly on the look out for anything she could offer by way of assistance - taxis and restaurant recommendations down to shuttling over extra towels and providing poolside treats. She was a great ambassador for the hotel. Though overall the place was quiet - it's low season - it didn't matter to us a bit and we had a great time. Oh and The Spa is definitely worth a visit...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gd2512
MAngelesDC, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor which deeply satisfied us. Also, I would like to express our gratitude for having chosen the Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA for your holidays. I am extremely happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your comments about your impressions and the service rendered during your stay.

Our goal is to achieve that our guests consider the Don Carlos home away from home and always have happy memories of their visits and following your comments regarding Maria I believe that we have reach our aim.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your nice comments, which I conveyed to all the staff, your words motivate us and are our reward of a well done job.

It has been a pleasure to have you staying with us at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA, and we would like to welcome you again to our resort in the near future.

Assuring you of my best personal care and attention at all times, I remain,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I love this hotel,on the beach in Marbella,it is slightly out of the main Hotel area,so is in lovely surroundings and is peaceful,though the bright lights are but a short drive away by car,bus,taxi.ten minutes perhaps.Rooms are very well maintained and so comfortable,fantastic beds,changed daily,as are towels etc.on arival the concierge and recepyion staff are welcoming and kind.A delicious breakfast buffey awaits in the morning.Staff in bar and restaurants are helpful and friendlythe poolon the terrace is heated to eighty degrees all the time,wonderful.leading on from the terrace,the garden reaches down to the sea,like a botanical garden,passing the tennis club,games to watch and tapas on the terrace,the spa i did not visit,perhaps next time. i have stayed several times at this hotel and say the excellent standards have been maintained on each visit. The Oasis rooms are outstanding. I do love it here.

Room Tip: go up the tower for a view into next week!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MAngelesDC, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Mr. Hamish,

Always it is a pleasure to receive your nice words regarding your stay in Don Carlos Leisure Resort & SPA.

This is our best reward, to know that you have good memories from your holidays and that you wish to come back.

We will wait for this moment.