Visited the Old Anchor for the first time since the new owners have taken over, and what a difference! The ambience in the bar area is friendly and professional. With Kim and Mark as your genial hosts, you will want to keep coming back, as they look after your every need. This establishment is only a few minutes walk from our home, so we are very lucky to have such great facilities within easy reach.
We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary, and treated ourselves to a meal in the newly-refreshed Ivory Quays restaurant, attached to The Old Anchor. The decor is great, fresh and modern, and the attention to detail obvious, with glittering cutlery and sumptuous chairs and table linen. We had a three-course A la Carte menu, all food beautifully prepared and presented, and very tasty too! All complemented by attentive (but not intrusive) waitress,the lovely Kim, who could not do too much to ensure we were happy and satisfied.
For after-dinner drinks, we retired to the bar area at front of house, where we chatted to Mark and Kim, who are a thoroughly lovely couple. The bar area has been transformed into a welcoming, clean and friendly environment, comfortable and "country-pubby". There is Sky TV for those who want it, but it's not obtrusive.
My wife was even invited to look at the newly-refurbished bedrooms, which she pronounced to be very clean, fresh and welcoming, a credit to the Pub and Hotel. Much hard work has been invested, it is clear to see, in rejuvenating this whole establishment.
All in all, a great visit to a newly-invigorated pub that will definitely be a regular haunt for us from now on.
Keep up the great work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Anchor Feering, Restaurant with rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Blue Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Anchor Hotel Colchester
- The Blue Anchor Colchester/Feering, Essex