“Wedding Reception”

and 1 more site!
Prested Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Feering
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned home after attending a jazz night at Prested Hall. What a fantastic evening. The food was very good and much, much of it. The staff are wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms in the Hall are fantastic. The beds are so comfortable and soft. Everybody you speak to remark about the comfort of the beds.
I must be honest with you now. This was our second visit. Our daughter held her wedding reception there in February. That was also a fantastic day. The staff are again truly awesome. Well planned. Well organised. And the food was wonderful. The are a very high standard. Some are large, some are small. You take your pick if you arrive early. But after all it is first mentioned in the 14th century in the doomsday book. Much improved since then though. Best thing I can say is go and see for yourself. Say hello to Kathryn and Gill for me.

Room Tip: Room 1.Largest. Overlooks the rear grounds.Just lovely. Everything.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

As soon as we came away after our first viewing I knew we were going to get married at Prested Hall. The staff are not only experienced, helpful and professional, but so warm and friendly you feel like you have known them for ages!! I did not worry about a thing to do with the venue as our wonderful planner Jill took care of everything and helped me with suggestions, I hadn't even thought of to help make the day run smoothly. We had a fab day and everyone commented what delicious food, what a beautiful venue it is and how polite and helpful all the staff were. Everyone who stayed, loved their rooms and the breakfast too. After such a great experience we have come away with so many lovely memories and are so grateful to Jill and all the staff of Prested Hall for their amazing hard work and effort. We will definitely be going back for more visits. Thank you for helping it to be a day to remember forever!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I got married at Prested Hall on 21st February and couldn't be happier with the service they provided.
They ensured everything ran smoothly from start to finish without being too overbearing.
Jill and her team were fantastic and made sure we didn't need to worry about a thing, letting us know where to be and when. She worked seamlessly with our photographer and despite a few hiccups with a couple of people not making the meal last minute, she quickly put it right and rearranged the tables without a fuss or stress for us.
The food was delicious and very generously portioned and all our guests said the same.
The rooms are lovely and suited everyone and the intimacy of the venue make it lovely for close family and friends. They also accommodate children and babies brilliantly tailored to your needs.
We would definitely recommend Prested Hall as a wedding venue and with it's very reasonable package price what more could you want!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lottielord
Reviewed 26 March 2014

After visiting about 12 wedding venues, we had a short list of 3 being White Hart Great Yeldham, Le Maison Talbooth Dedham and Prested Hall Feering. We first visited Prested Hall with a view to booking our wedding in 2013 and we visited on a wedding open day and were met by a very welcoming Rachel Hull who showed us around the various function and bedrooms explaining the options and how our wedding would run through the day and she went through the package step by step. After having a meal at all 3 venues our minds were made that we would have our wedding at Prested Hall; the Sunday lunch we had was faultless; the service, food and drinks were outstanding and such a brilliant price.
We booked our wedding mid January 2014 and only had a short time to organise everything for our wedding on Friday 21 March 2014, the support and help leading up to our big day from our Events Managers, Rachel and Vicki was absolutely superb.
I can honestly say being in the hospitality industry for many years until fairly recently everything at Prested Hall on our wedding day was 5 star making our entire day and evening seamless from the setting up of the various rooms with our placecards, table decorations, flowers and wedding cake, the welcoming of guests pre ceremony, checking in for those guests staying, liaising with us both throughout our wedding keeping us on track with timings to ensure there were no hitches, the quality and temperature of the 3 course wedding breakfast, there was never an empty glass on the table, the extensive evening buffet was out of this world, both in quality and quantity - the chicken fajitas were a favourite. We, and all our guests that stayed overnight commented on how luxurious the rooms were, it brought my Auntie to tears of joy when she saw her room, and our breakfast on the Saturday was also superb. Thank you very much Rachel, Vicki and all the staff at Prested Hall, Tracy and Terry

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I got married at Prested Hall on Sunday 9th March. The day was perfect in every possible way, a perfect venue, great service and attention to detail by all of the staff and fantastic food. All of our guests commented on the setting and those that stayed were extremely complementary about their individual rooms. Our wedding manager, Kathryn, was fantastic and made the entire build up completely stress free and smooth from the start. She also organised 20 degrees and sunshine all day!!

My wife and I would strongly recommend Prested Hall to any couple considering wedding venues and cannot praise the staff enough, especially Kathryn.

Thank you for a perfect day.

Room Tip: The rooms all cater for individual needs and family sizes.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had afternoon tea here and we all agreed this was the best afternoon tea so far. There was a large choice of sandwiches and cakes, scones and lovely shortbread biscuits.The setting was lovely, the food was excellent and so much of it. The restaurant was warm and cosy. The staff were excellent. Will definately go back and recommend to friends.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked a room at the hotel for my partner's birthday.
After I had booked and paid the deposit I was emailed and told that the restaurant would be unavailable and there was likely to be noise due to a function. This wasn't a problem for us as we had already arranged to eat somewhere else, however I would recommend checking before you book!
We got back to our room at around 11pm and as we were just above the function room it was very noisy - I am a heavy sleeper so fell straight to sleep anyway. My partner informed me that it went on until 12.30am, which I would say is expected.
However I can not fault the room or the bathroom. Very comfortable, nicely decorated, huge bathroom and we had a lovely view.

Breakfast was faultless. The menu was good and the service was brilliant. It was a lovely way to end our stay.

We visited the spa on the Saturday. My partner was pleased with his massage!

We had fun in the pool and sauna. They aren't anything special though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feering
Wivenhoe House
GreyFriars
#2 of 23 in Colchester
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
Best Western Marks Tey Hotel

Been to Prested Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!