“Fantastic couldn't ask for better”
Review of Prested Hall Hotel

and 1 more site!
Prested Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Feering
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. Kathryn everitt was fantastic. Everything went as planned. All of our guest commented on how good the food and service was. The rooms are lovely we would 100% recommend prested hall as a wedding venue :-)

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

A bit of a mixed bag, but left me feeling distinctly underwhelmed!
Plus points - very comfortable bed, lovely large modern bathroom
with big fluffy towels, food in leisure club bistro very good and reasonably priced.
Minus points - room smelled like a charity shop - really fusty - had to have the windows open all the time (just as well as the room was very hot), very loud 90s pop music blaring away in empty restaurant until I had to ask Reception to turn it off at midnight so that I could get to sleep, had to walk over to the leisure centre at other side of ground to eat dinner in the leisure club bistro - no dinner available in the hotel itself, breakfast on day one was so awful that I did not even bother on day two. Worst of all when I commented on this to Reception on check-out all I got was a very grudging apology.
This hotel is trying to be something that frankly it is not - they charge for a top end country house hotel, but really need to smarten up their act if they really want to be in this bracket. Suggest they learn lessons from real Country house hotels (Swinfen Hall and Netherstowe House spring to mind). Horribly overpriced - very glad that I was on a Laterooms deal or would have felt very aggrieved. Bottom line - at this price you can do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I visit this hotel from time to time on business. It's well located and has a good little public gym next door which visitors are free to use.

Being a creaky old building I this time thought about my booking and booked an upstairs attic room to save being woken by early risers or really late finishers. A good move. Spacious and airy compared to my previous stay in a room which seemed a little stuffy.

The venue is pretty well equipped but my big gripe is still the fact that WiFi isn't fed to the rooms...come on guys, it's so easy to do this and it is 2014 and you do target business travelers! The bin in my bathroom had also not been emptied since the last occupant and the antique mirror in the bedroom was so filthy that it took me 30 mins to realise I didn't have cracks and lines on my face.

Parking though is aplenty and safe and breakfasts are brilliant (I noted these are now served in a garden room which is far nicer than before).

This deserves the 'best in Feering' award and it was worth every penny but I think just a little more attention to detail would give this a truly 5* status.

Room Tip: Go to the top of the hotel for attic rooms...quieter and better views with windows that open!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent hotel. Attention to detail very good. Sarah jane Morris performing in the evening lovely intimate atmosphere. Really good fun just hope that they do it again. Very comfortable beds and bed linen. The hotel is stunning oak panelling everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned home after attending a jazz night at Prested Hall. What a fantastic evening. The food was very good and much, much of it. The staff are wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms in the Hall are fantastic. The beds are so comfortable and soft. Everybody you speak to remark about the comfort of the beds.
I must be honest with you now. This was our second visit. Our daughter held her wedding reception there in February. That was also a fantastic day. The staff are again truly awesome. Well planned. Well organised. And the food was wonderful. The are a very high standard. Some are large, some are small. You take your pick if you arrive early. But after all it is first mentioned in the 14th century in the doomsday book. Much improved since then though. Best thing I can say is go and see for yourself. Say hello to Kathryn and Gill for me.

Room Tip: Room 1.Largest. Overlooks the rear grounds.Just lovely. Everything.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

As soon as we came away after our first viewing I knew we were going to get married at Prested Hall. The staff are not only experienced, helpful and professional, but so warm and friendly you feel like you have known them for ages!! I did not worry about a thing to do with the venue as our wonderful planner Jill took care of everything and helped me with suggestions, I hadn't even thought of to help make the day run smoothly. We had a fab day and everyone commented what delicious food, what a beautiful venue it is and how polite and helpful all the staff were. Everyone who stayed, loved their rooms and the breakfast too. After such a great experience we have come away with so many lovely memories and are so grateful to Jill and all the staff of Prested Hall for their amazing hard work and effort. We will definitely be going back for more visits. Thank you for helping it to be a day to remember forever!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I got married at Prested Hall on 21st February and couldn't be happier with the service they provided.
They ensured everything ran smoothly from start to finish without being too overbearing.
Jill and her team were fantastic and made sure we didn't need to worry about a thing, letting us know where to be and when. She worked seamlessly with our photographer and despite a few hiccups with a couple of people not making the meal last minute, she quickly put it right and rearranged the tables without a fuss or stress for us.
The food was delicious and very generously portioned and all our guests said the same.
The rooms are lovely and suited everyone and the intimacy of the venue make it lovely for close family and friends. They also accommodate children and babies brilliantly tailored to your needs.
We would definitely recommend Prested Hall as a wedding venue and with it's very reasonable package price what more could you want!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lottielord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feering
Wivenhoe House
#1 of 3 in Dedham
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to Prested Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!