1,279 results
All reviewsricecooking schoolpool villachiang maithai restaurantfour seasons resortwater buffalopaddy fieldschef's tabletented campprivate dinnercooking classelephant experienceour honeymoongolden triangleservice was impeccablenight market
Reviewed 7 September 2015

spend couple of days in four seasons chiang mai as a part of honeymoon retreat ,from the moment we were greated by the four seasons representative at chiang mai airport , we were welcomed by the expected four seasons hot and luxurious welcome, once we stepped in the resort, an exotic welcome drink was presented to me and my pride and we were processed in the easiest and fastest check in ever , my pride was handed a flower bunch as a complementary welcome for the pride, then we were guided to our pool villa 8 , which was like a paradise on earth , with Thai furnished and luxurious private pool with a jungle view with total privacy that wrath every penny, the resort overall is amazing exotic experience , the pools are amazing , food is delicious especially our private dinner in the rice gazebo which was like a Disney fare-tale, even the shuttle bus or the hotel private taxi didn't miss the four seasons luxurious standards, finally the jewel of the resort is its crew which was the most professional crew ever , we were met with smiles since we were met at the airport till we were drove back to the airport , definitely coming back to the resort

Room Tip: pool villa deserves every penny
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moahmed R
Michael B, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Moahmed R,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share a wonderful review of your honeymoon stay with us recently. We are delighted to hear that you entirely enjoyed your stay from arrival in our beautiful pool villa until the departure and overall atmosphere of the resort. It is also great to hear that you have had great experiences from our culinary team and our service staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

As a travel writer, I've stayed in dozens of luxury hotels around the world. The Four Seasons Chiang Mai is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's a bit outside the city proper, but it's well worth it for the stunning mountain views; plus, the hotel provides a free shuttle into the city and you're much closer to a lot of the other activities in Chiang Mai, like ziplining, elephant camps, Doi Suthep, etc. The staff and hospitality were outstanding (most speak English very well) and above and beyond friendly and helpful, the food was absolutely delicious (I'm not usually a fan of hotel restaurants, but the food at their Thai restaurant is authentic, full of flavor and a true taste of Chiang Mai), the property was absolutely gorgeous and I had one of the best massages I've ever had at their spa (go for the Royal Samunprai treatment). We had so much fun doing many of the on-site activities, like the cooking class and local food market tour and rice paddy farming, too. And their infinity pool is just beautiful and a great way to spend the afternoon with a cocktail and a book. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: I preferred the pavillion rooms overlooking the rice paddys to the more expensive pool suites, as the view was so much better.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kpkords

Dear kpkords,

Sawasdee Krub! Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the resort which is one of the things all of us are proud of. I believe that our staff treat our guests with their authenticity and Four Seasons hospitality, and it means a lot to us that you could feel this from experiencing our services. Thank you for your feedback on our spa that it was the best massage you ever had, we will share this feedback with our spa team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Had a very relaxed time during our recent visit to this resort before traveling to its sister Tented Camp in Chiang Rai. The staff take real pride in their resort and go out of their way to make you feel welcome - very professional. If you are planning a drive to Chiang Rai, make sure you speak to General Manager Michael Branham before you leave - his enthusiastic recommendation of a stopover at Charin Garden restaurant for a pie was one of the revelations of our long trip across Asia!
Only criticism would be that the Residence we occupied, while large, charming and in keeping with the beautiful environment, could benefit from investment in refurbishing some of its internal facilities.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank DaKwAd
Reviewed 22 August 2015

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 3 nights and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a pool villa. The villa was so fabulous we struggled to drag ourselves away. It included everything you could wish for, total luxury (including insect repellent!) We have never had such a relaxing break. The hotel itself is stunning; the views of the mountains, lake and paddy fields and gardens make this a unique hotel. The staff are wonderful, everyone seemed to know our name and were incredibly helpful.
Our only regret was that we had not stayed longer

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a pool villa. Room service is good value
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LizieJ
Reviewed 21 August 2015

i don't know where to start with this review. i had really wanted to stay at this property since i started traveling, with its name and legend. i was sorely disappointed right from the start. we drove into the lobby area and there was no one to help us. i ended up taking out my luggages from the car myself.
check in was smooth and despite the feeling of being worn out, the hotel still had a lot of charms. our room was in a pavilion, again very old. i think they really need to upgrade the facilities. there were a few small pools which i felt were too small for a hotel of this size and at times it felt very crowded.
the hotel is in, you could say, a forest area. mosquitoes abound and of course this property charged u (I can't remember how much) for insect repellent. this is laughable. i stayed at the dhara dhevi (formerly a MO property) and i think they take care of their guests much better. all amenities were included. you could say i am cheap, and may be i am, but i do expect insect repellent to be provided given the hotel's location. and i felt it's within this general philosophy that the hotel was being run, economics.
we stayed there for 4 days, breakfast was mostly the same and it was not a huge spread. again having stayed at a few hotels in chiangmai, i probably say this is the worst value for money ever.
there were a few other mishaps but not worth mentioning, you will discover them yourself. on the good side, i was celebrating with my friend and the hotel did arrange for a nice surprise. service was nice and some staffs do know you by name and appreciated that we had chosen to celebrate with them.
on check out, i asked for an official receipt, the hotel wasn't abled to offer one on the spot and told me that it will be emailed. a week or two later nothing, so i prompted them and only then got an official receipt.
i filled the survey that the hotel asked me to do. and had a nice follow up from the management. to be honest, i will not recommend this hotel to my friends and have no plan to return in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Sawasdee krub banjapat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your review and for choosing Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai.

I would like to apologize for your experience with us. I am sorry to read that you did not see our Resort at its best. I have brought this matter into attention of our management team to ensure that we will improve and maintain the high quality of our product and services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future

Thank you again for your feedback.