1,282 results
All reviews rice cooking school pool villa chiang mai thai restaurant four seasons resort water buffalo paddy fields chef's table tented camp private dinner cooking class elephant experience our honeymoon golden triangle service was impeccable night market
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Wow- thank you so much for making our stay at this resort so special! We were so impressed with the service and the beauty of this resort. If you are looking for a resort to exceed your expectations, then go here and you will not be disappointed. We got a couples massage with a steam unit and it was the most relaxing and special spa experiences we have ever had! The views outside your room are so unique and special, you will have never seen anything like it before! We had a private dinner at the Rice Barn and it was one of the best meals we have ever had and Pong our server was so amazing! Four seasons made us feel so special for our Honeymoon from the moment we got there until we left. The food was delicious and the breakfast buffet is out of this world! We went on one excursion to the Elephant Nature Park and it was so much fun! This is a park where they save abused or Elephants in need of help- Mix was our tour guide and it was well worth visiting there. It was also very educational and amazing to see such a large non-profit in Thailand to help these amazing creatures! We also bathed a water buffalo at the resort which was a pretty fun experience. The pool is super private and relaxing and you shouldn't have an issue finding a spot to relax. They have a huge hot tub which we loved because it very hard to find a resort with a hot tub in Thailand because it's so hot! We absolutely loved our stay at the Four Seasons, Chiang Mai and will be back in the future!

Stayed: November 2017
FS_ChiangMai, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear MNTraveler4720,

At Four Seasons, we are proud to create memories for our guests. It is especially rewarding when we are able to deliver those memories for special occasion like your honeymoon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai and we shall look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The pick up service at the airport, the fast check in, a surprisingly upgrade to a pool villa, the schedule of of our activities, the spa and the restaurants. Everything was just PERFECT! Thank you so much for such a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons

Dear carloscA3195PO,

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you had a great experience at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. We hope that you can visit us again!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for our family trip. Enjoyed our stay at Four Seasons again, with top class service and facilities. We stayed in separate Garden Pavilion units, with large spacious rooms, full bathroom and an outdoor Thai sala.

Highlights:

· Friendly and efficient hotel staff

· 2 swimming pools with nice view of the padi fields. We spent quiet some time here swimming and relax.

· Decent children’s play area for our little 2 year old kid and adequately equipped gymnasium for fitness routines.

· Near to Elephant Sanctuaries / Parks, we’ve gone to Ran-Tong Elephant Centre which is around 15-20 mins away.

· Lots of activities everyday to cater for all-ages. We joined the Buffalo feeding and washing, and used their well maintained bicycles.

· Excellent foods, loads of varieties during breakfast and our lunch dinner feasts at the restaurant and room service were great.

Highly recommended. We look forward to return to Four Seasons hotel again for our next family trip!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear BernardLiow,

It is a great pleasure to receive your comments about your stay at our Resort and I am delighted to know that we were able to deliver a memorable experience for you and your family.

Thank you once again for your kind words and recommendation shared here on TripAdvisor. We shall look forward to your return, hopefully in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed with the resort staff and ambience. We arrived at night, and were warmly welcomed by the manager who sat with us and provided an overview of the options.

PROS
1. THE FOOD
The breakfast buffet was FANTASTIC including made-to-order eggs, Thai dishes, changing specials, extravagant fruit selection, yogurts, muesli (YUM!), French pastries, hot dishes, fresh squeezed juices and more. We sat outside every day overlooking the mountains and the rice paddies.

The Thai restaurant was EXCELLENT & the best dinner we had all week in Thailand. Delicious options, well cooked, flavorful & great.

2. COOKING CLASS WITH MARKET TOUR
I paid for the Market Tour & Cooking School and LOVED IT. Class is limited to 8, and I was the only person who registered but they kept the class for me! Thanks Four Seasons! GiGi gave me a great tour in the market, introduced me to different people who ran the stands, helped me buy local Chiang Mai rice, let me smell the herbs and fruits, taught me the varieties of herbs, and helped me sample foods in the market freshly made. I can't say enough, this ended up being a highlight of my entire week in Thailand.

Cooking class was very well run. We made 5 things (Curry paste, Duck Curry, Tom Yom Soup, Pad Thai, and Chicken Salad). The Chef answered ALL of my questions, and taught me how to properly use a wok, cook with new ingredients and more. Wonderful class because they let me chop, measure & cook but took the heavy lifting out of it (for example they didn't make me peel the onion, they gave me the quarter onion to use & then I could slice it myself).

2. GUEST ROOM
The guest room was really lovely - a large room, fantastic walk-in closet, excellent shower - one of the best showers we've had in a hotel.

3. THE MONKS
LOVED getting up early to meet the monks, wished it was a longer engagement.

4. FLOATING FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS
LOVED getting up to watch the kind woman create floating flower arrangements, she was incredibly kind with a huge smile & let me put some flowers in the arrangement & contribute!!

Thanks to the team, we appreciate it.

CONS:
1. CHIANG MAI IS A GOOD 45 MINUTES
Depending on what your goals are - just keep in mind, Chiang Mai was a solid 45 minutes, sometimes 1 hour, due to traffic. So getting to the Sunday night market was 45 minutes, but during the weekday it was an hour in one direction.

2. ACTIVITY DESCRIPTIONS COULD BE BETTER/MORE CLEAR
I didn't properly understand what the buffalo washing was - I read it on an activity list but because it said health club I thought it was an exercise class! So I think it would be helpful to have a proper list of activities & examples in the room in addition to the weekly schedule.

3. YOGA - BE CAUTIOUS.
My friend did yoga in the barn & she has practiced yoga for 20 years in America and thought the instructor pushed a little too hard on his students, he physically interacted with students but sounds like leaned on her shoulder in a way causing her discomfort for the rest of her trip in Thailand. I can't comment beyond this because I was not the student, but observed her difficulty with her shoulder rest of trip.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK FOR MANAGEMENT:
If I had one piece of constructive feedback it would be this. About 30 minutes before we left for the market tour, the same morning of my cooking school I learned I was the only student & that they were taking a van to the market. I asked the hotel staff (not GiGi) if my husband could just sit in the van, and walk around the market himself to experience it, take photos. The hotel said yes he can come but for a fee. Four Seasons would charge me the equivalent of approximately US$55 for it. My honest reaction - left a very negative taste in my mouth. He did not want cooking school, he did not want the tour. He just would have enjoyed walking through the market on his own. IT would not have cost the Four Seasons anything more to bring him & since no one else was on the tour, it obviously would not impact other paying guests (as there were none). I think this is an example of Four Seasons being greedy.

Overall my stay was excellent & I recommend the Hotel as you see.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovethat

Dear lovethat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. I am happy that you enjoyed our facilities and the locally inspired activities offered to our guests and am delighted to know that the Market Tour in our Cooking Class package was the highlight of your Thailand trip; GiGi will be blown away by your kind words.

Even though it seems you enjoyed your overall experience at our Resort, there are clearly some areas where we could improve. We take your feedback very constructively and I will review it with the team to ensure we learn from this and continue to enhance the level of service we are providing to our guests on a daily basis.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We loved our stay at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai. Excellent service and staff made us feel extremely comfortable and welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in spending time in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons

Dear gregoryharrisn:

Thank you very much for staying with us and recommending our Resort. I am pleased that your overall experience with us was excellent.

We hope to see you soon again.