Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand
Open today: 07:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fresh Start Fitness Holiday Bootcamp

I did an 8-day programme with Fresh Start at The Pavana Resort in Chiangmai in January. Totally... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2020
dorothyc227
via mobile
Best Fitness trip I've ever had

This has by far been one of my best trips. I made a lot of amazing friends and the Bootcamp program... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2020
babak_eshkoor
London

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Mae Rim
from £112.85
from £80.67
from £67.45
from £137.15
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I was in need of a huge shakeup to get my motivation mojo back. I was 30kgs overweight, working at lot and over indulging with my love of red wine. Fresh Start has put me back on track, I'm 10kgs lighter after 28 days and my motivation is back with a vengeance.
The program is varied and challenging. The trainers are excellent...I was fortunate enough to have Louise, Richard, Tom, Kenny, Anton, Matti, Wes and Pong. Each of them with their own attributes.
Fresh Start has changed my life for the better. I have made some wonderful new lifelong friends and I am aware now of how much I am capable of...more than I could have imagined.
I look forward to returning to challenge myself again.
Note: this is bootcamp, prepare to be challenged but know you will feel so good at the end of it.

Date of experience: February 2016
5  Thank msjess4444
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I joined my wife for the Freshstart Bootcamp, not expecting to get a lot out of it for myself.

I am a Triathlete & Ironman and had just returned from the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
I am fit....but fitness is entirely subjective!

I decided to stick with Louise & Richards program rigorously....which was going to be hard because I eat approx 5000cals per day when training (and the Bootcamp diet is approx 1400!)....but I wanted to prove, or disprove, this concept.

The only additional exercise I did was jog (rather than walk) to and from some exercises and mid-week I did a 16km run, while everyone was at lunch.

I wont bore you with details but the results were exceptionally good.
This course suits EVERYONE because you get out of it what you put into it....its that simple.
And....its FUN!

Louise, Richard, Kenny & Anton were fantastic instructors with a knack for both motivating you and a genuine sense of care at the same time.
You will not be beasted until you collapse (unless that's what you want?) but they will motivate you to push through, beyond perhaps what you think you are capable of.

The genius of this approach is that you go home physically and mentally stronger.

Now...lets be realistic: in one week you are not going to transform your body (especially if, like me, you are over 40yo)
The fat burning engine takes approximately 4 weeks to get going.
But this Bootcamp is "Fresh Start" and it does exactly what it says on the tin and more!

Like any challenge, you will bond with your course mates immediately. They will be your support crew, over half our group were solo travellers......but no one is solo after the first 2 hours ;)

Did my fit body change in just one week.....absolutely!!
Why? Because these are not exercises I am used to and I worked hard and stuck to the program.
You will get out of Fresh Start exactly what you deserve.

Will I be going back?
Hell yes. I cant wait.

Date of experience: December 2015
5  Thank mrfish845
FreshStartHoliday, Owner at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your bootcamp holiday with us. We are thrilled you got something out the program even though you are an Iron Man and Triathlete. That's wonderful news that you will come and visit us again for more fitness and fun in Chiang Mai. Take care and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

That was Tom, our Instructor of my awesome week at Fresh Start. It was the best experience ever for me. I did not go to Fresh Start to lose weight (there is honestly nothing I could lose :o) In fact, I had to be careful not to lose any :o) Instead I went there to work on my fitness and to gain a bit of muscles.
Quite honestly, after reading all the amazing reviews on TA, I was very skeptical. How can a BootCamp get such fantastic reviews? I thought there must be something fishy :o) Still, I thought I would give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did.
I arrived around midnight Thursday/Friday. The pick- up from the airport went very smoothly, so did the check-in at the hotel. Next day I met my fellow BootCamp colleagues at 14:00hrs. There, we also met our Instructor Tom and his “Assistant” Louise. And the week was kicked- off.
I will not go into details about the program. However, it was very diversified, fun and never ever got boring. I loved the Muay Thai class, even if I don’t seem to be very talented at it :o) However, I learned during that week that I seem to be pretty good in running, so as a result I will be taking part in my first run this coming May. Thank You guys for that!! :o) In fact I loved all the different exercises. They would show us an exercise and I thought “Dear god- I can never do that!”. Two minutes later I was doing exactly that, with Tom & Louise’s support. Seriously, these guys are so extremely supportive, respect each person’s limits and always try to push you just a little bit further, if they see the potential. Fantastic! (Writing this really makes me wanna go back right away).
We’ve had a great group, all ages and various nationalities. Best part was, that we all kept supporting each other. The food was amazing, except for the Raw Lasagne, which I didn’t care too much about, but that’s just me hehe. Still you can change your menu to meet your requirements. They are very flexible. And as mentioned, it was soooo delicious. Never had chicken that tasty before.
The hotel itself is beautiful as well, exceptionally clean, rooms are nice and spacious. And the Spa….OMG the Spa. I ended up having Massages and Steam- bath every day :o) Soooo worth it. Your muscles will thank you millions.
Louise & Richard- you have something very special going on there! It was an absolutely amazing experience. I thank Tom for pushing me always a little further and for making working out so much fun. I feel energized, healthy & fit only after only a week’s stay. Oh, and I was really sad leaving. Sad leaving a BootCamp- imagine that :o)
I usually do not visit same places twice, but….. I can see myself sitting in the Pavana again, pushing kettle bells….maybe for two or three weeks next time.
Thank you Tom & Louise- You guys are awesome!

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank Cindy W

Thanks so much for your detailed and informative review of our Fresh Start fitness and health bootcamp in Thailand. Thanks also for your positivity and enthusiasm for our program. We have been working hard to make our fitness holiday really beneficial and enjoyable for our guests. Many guests want to return just like you, we've even had a few guests come 3 times! Keep up the good work and stay healthy and happy!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Great motivator for getting on track with a healthier lifestyle. The facilitators are brilliant and the entire set up more than met my expectations.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank 85Adele
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

Hello! Before going to the Fresh start Fitness boot camp I read a lot of the previous reviews and thought to myself "this looks to good to be true", I had very high expectations going into the camp and I was a little unsure what to expect as I had never done anything like this before. I'm a fairly positive guy so I said to myself that I would just give it everything and see what happens.
I had booked into the camp for 2 weeks, My main goal was to loose some weight and tone up but by the time I finished I had taken much more with me including some great new friends and a new lifestyle. The high expectations I held when going into to the camp with were all more than exceeded.
The camp is set up to take in everyone from all levels of fitness, every activity is made fun but you are also getting a great workout while doing it.
On my first week I lost 7.4kg and on my second week I lost 2.4kg but for me it wasn't so much the weight loss that surprised me as much as my recovery time, after doing an intense work out, after about 1-2 minutes of deep breaths I was well recovered and ready for the next challenge.
It was a real pleasure to meet Richard and Louise (the couple who started the camp) It is great to see two people who absolutely love what they do and they seem to thrive on the results of everyone attending the camp, they are always there to talk to and give their time and advise freely on whatever it is you want to talk about, I honestly cannot say enough good things about them both. I have to give a mention to the other coaches as well, they will push you to give your very best and the results you achieve by the end are a credit to them also.
If you are second guessing on whether or not this is the camp for you I would strongly suggest to look no further and book into Fresh Start Fitness, the food is great the staff are friendly and the setting is absolutely amazing.
Thanks for everything guys.
Joe

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank PoppaJoe86
FreshStartHoliday, Owner at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Dear Guest,
thanks so much for such a positive review and we are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. We try really hard to help, Advise and coach all of our guests and get so much satisfaction and pleasure when we see you fitter, happier and having achieved you goals.
Well done and good luck with your fitness journey and travels.

kindest regards