Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand
Open today: 07:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fresh Start Fitness Holiday Bootcamp

I did an 8-day programme with Fresh Start at The Pavana Resort in Chiangmai in January. Totally... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2020
dorothyc227
via mobile
Best Fitness trip I've ever had

This has by far been one of my best trips. I made a lot of amazing friends and the Bootcamp program... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2020
babak_eshkoor
London

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Mae Rim
from £112.85
from £80.67
from £67.45
from £137.15
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2016

I have just finished a week at bootcamp and I absolutely loved it. The resort is great, set in a beautiful location away from the hustle and bustle. The rooms are spacious and clean, there is a nice pool and the spa where the massages and sauna are was lovely. The bootcamp is well organised with a variety of activities. Tom and Louise led the group for the week and they were both fantastic. Louise is a gorgeous soul, with her bubbly positive energy encouraging us every step of the way. Tom pushed us to our limits, but always ensured that we were safe. He knows everything there is to know about exercise and dieting, and was very supportive and encouraging to all bootcampers. When he saw that someone was struggling a bit he was right there beside them, saying all the right things to keep you going. We had people of all fitness levels in our group and you just go at your own pace. The bootcamp is challenging, but very do-able.The first few days are the hardest but once you are in the swing of things it's a lot of fun. Highlights for me where the cycling day, cardio tennis, the fun team games and circuits organised by Tom, and the kettle bell, insanity and Pilates classes led by Louise. Everyone in the group stuck to the diet and put in 110% and all had good results. By the end of the week, I felt strong, fit and healthy... I only wish i was able to stay on for a second week! Thanks Tom and Louise for making it such an enjoyable experience. I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: October 2016
FreshStartHoliday, Owner at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

We are thrilled you loved your bootcamp holiday with us in Chiang Mai Thailand and would have liked to stay for another week! We are so lucky to have a beautiful location and good caring trainers who help our guests to achieve their goals. We wish you lots of continued success with your health and fitness goals and we hope to welcome you back to Fresh Start in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I initially booked for a week, after a few days decided to extend for a further week as although it's tough it's also enjoyable and saw the improvements and benefits for my health. Definitely a 'Fresh Start' for me. Would love to have extended further, I'll be back again. 😊

The instructors made it fun and enjoyable to work out, great activities planned with some wonderful Visits to temples and waterfalls! The team are very professional friendly and warming who kept us motivated throughout and encouraged us all.

The program is designed well with various number of activities and exercises to suit all. I looked forward to the professional Thai massages at the end of the day.

The location is lovely peaceful and quiet perfect for a Bootcamp, The locals are very friendly and the staff at the resort are very helpful and polite. Accommodation is perfect. The food is very very tasty & absolutely delicious.

Thank you to all of the Fresh Start team

You'll be seeing me again soon 😝

Date of experience: September 2016

That's wonderful news you got the Fresh Start you were looking for and would like to come and see us again! Thanks for all your positive comments, it really makes our job worth while when we get great feedback from our guests. We wish you all the best for the future and look forward to seeing you again! healthy wishes from the Fresh Start team

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

We spent 9 days in Fresh start bootcamp in the first week of September. The bootcamp was an amazing escape into nature and healthy lifestyle. We booked quickly without much background research but this bootcamp topped all our expectations on all aspects. The resort was very good, clean nice rooms with great facilities. We stayed in a duplex villa and it even had a washing machine which was amazing and much needed. We were put on a controlled calories diet and we would have early breakfast, lunch and early dinners at 6pm, all tasted very good. Richard and Louise run the program in the most friendly way catering for all ages and fitness levels. They work brilliantly together, very positive spirit and great fun. With Louise we did many sessions of pilates, insanity and walks. It was great excercise and fun. She knows how to keep our spirits up in a very positive way. We did some amazing stretching and short meditation that was brilliant. We did with Richard the bike riding which was phenomenal and a great way to see the city. We also trained Mua Thai (kick boxing). He is a great team leader and was attentive to everyone. Anton was theblead trainer, an extremely fit coach who knows everything about exercising and dieting. He is the right kind of strict and knew how to push us to the limits. I lost 4kgs and 4% body fat and the real improvement was the tonning. We built up our fitness, had great food, slept well and saw a beautiful city in thailand. And above all we met some very exciting bootcampers from all over the world and we are determined on coming back. All in all it was a great bootcamp. Very proud of all the hard work and very thankful to the fresh start bootcamp team!

Date of experience: September 2016
FreshStartHoliday, Owner at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our bootcamp holiday in Chiang Mai! We are excited and thrilled that you had such an amazing time and well done for your incredible results. It makes our job so rewarding when we get positive feedback from our guests. Take care and we hope to see you guys again in the future and good luck with your healthy journey! Warmest wishes and take care, Louise from Fresh Start

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I've just completed my second bootcamp in September 2016 (the first one was in April 2012) and I was not disappointed in any way - in fact, I enjoyed it even more the second time around. Great activities, great food and wonderful people (both trainers and fellow bootcampers). I would absolutely recommend this experience for anyone looking to kickstart weight loss and fitness, whilst having a bit of a holiday at the same time. I will definitely be back!

Date of experience: September 2016

Thanks soooo much for coming to see us again all the way from Australia! That is wonderful news that you enjoyed it even more the second time around! Fingers crossed you come back a third time :-) Thanks for recommending us to others we really appreciate your kind and supportive words! Richard and I hope you are staying on the healthy road and wish you lots of good health and positive vibes! Take care and warmest wishes Louise from Fresh Start

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I spent 20 wonderful days at Fresh Start Fitness in Mae Rim; and only wish that I could have stayed longer. By the end of the 20 days, I’d lost 7kg in weight and there was a visible improvement in body tone (and I got my body fat below 20%). More importantly, I felt much better/healthier than I have for years; I guess the good/healthy food and exercise we they key factors in the improved sense of well being – but I was also sleeping better than I have for years. I particularly appreciated the Thai massages at the end of the day
During my stay, there were three different trainers running things (a week each); each one did a fantastic job – each helping/supporting and encouraging all the participants . Their enthusiasm and good-humor was infective – they really made it an enjoyable experience. Thanks guys!

I thought the overall program was really well balanced; and everyone had a go at everything.

It’s a beautiful location and I enjoyed my stay from start to finish; and can’t wait to visit again

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank John R
FreshStartHoliday, Owner at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. Well done for your 7 kilo weight loss and fat reduction! We are thrilled you enjoyed our program and you enjoyed the rotation of our trainers. We get lots of guests staying for multiple weeks which is why we have different trainers every week, to keep you on your toes and to keep up the energy and motivation. That's wonderful news you would have liked to stay longer, perhaps on your next visit! Thanks again, take care and keep up with your new healthy habits!