Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand
Open today: 07:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fresh Start Fitness Holiday Bootcamp

I did an 8-day programme with Fresh Start at The Pavana Resort in Chiangmai in January. Totally... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2020
dorothyc227
via mobile
Best Fitness trip I've ever had

This has by far been one of my best trips. I made a lot of amazing friends and the Bootcamp program... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2020
babak_eshkoor
London

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Mae Rim
from £112.85
from £80.67
from £67.45
from £137.15
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Ideal way to kick start fitness or lose some weight, lovely quiet part of Thailand which keeps you focused with pretty full on days of workouts. Caters for all levels & Instructors great. I did 1 week and saw results, mentally was tough but really worth it. Jez who was our lead guy was very motivational. Hotel is also lovely and the Thai massages are amazing with great staff. The yoga salas on the hill also have a serene feel with beautiful view.
top tip - get your sports kit washing done at launderette just outside hotel grounds is remarkable cheap and ready next day!
All round couldn't fault this holiday, very well run...!

Date of experience: January 2017
Louise T, Guest Relations Manager at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hi!
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your week with Jez, he has lots of experience, positive energy and knows how much to push you. Cloud 9 sala's view is great that during the breaks it can make you forget how hard you have been working ;) Haha yes that's a great tip on the launderette!! We hope you got some momentum to be able to continue on your fitness journey back at home and if you need any help in the future getting back into routine we are happy to help.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I've just completed 4 weeks here
This place is brilliant
I lost 13.6kg in 4 weeks just over 2 stone
I can't believe how good it feels
The 1st week was very hard as I was overweight and unfit but I worked hard and kept to the recommended diet I lost 7.4kg in 1st week
As the weeks progressed I could feel myself getting fitter and leaner and my fitness results were improving by the final week I'd knocked 6min off my cross fit
Test and 16 minutes off the famous Sunday waterfall walk well enough about me
I had 4 different lead trainers and 3 different assistants in the four weeks
They were all brilliant they all helped me push that little bit further i.e. 1 more push up that final sprint being as fast as possible which really helped me
No matter what your level of fitness is this is the place to come if you want to achieve your goals
I loved the Muay Thai training brilliant cardio
So a big thank you to
Richard and pump
Anton and ekk
Tawun and kitty
Jez and ekk again
All 4 weeks varied as each instructor had their own routine and favourite exercises
The food is designed to help you lose weight but if you want you can add more food
What was also brilliant was every night we had a thai massage or sauna/steam included
The resort is located in a very beautiful area aswell so the walks were great
I can't think of anything negative to say about the whole experience
If you book this Bootcamp you will not be disappointed
I will hopefully return next year but also carry on my new healthy lifestyle
Chris

3  Thank 141chris
Louise T, Public Relations Manager at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your great review. It has been great having you with us the past month and seeing your progress throughout your time with us. The whole Fresh Start team is amazed at how much you lost, especially in the first week and were equally impressed with your attitude to always push yourself to the limit. We are glad you enjoyed the walks, the resort is lucky to be located in such a beautiful area. Thai massages and saunas are a great way to relax and treat the body after all the hard work that its been through during the day. We hope you are able to keep up the momentum back at home and hope to see you back here again next year in even better shape!!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I booked this trip in early January knowing that mid-Feb my commitment to my New Year's resolutions would begin to flag a bit, hoping that I'd get that little push to keep going whilst enjoying travelling to a new destination. What I found exceeded my expectations. The programme is very well thought through and everything is taken care of: suggested packing lists, airport transfers, clear daily scheduling, evening spa treatments, all meals and snacks etc. I loved that the daily activities were so varied and I had an introduction to a lot of things I didn't know I'd enjoy so much, like Muay Thai boxing and Cardio Tennis, and cultural excursions were woven into our activities so you don't miss out on tourism. What really exceeded my expectations was the huge amount of support. Our trainers (shout out to Tawun and Kitty!) had the perfect balance of pushing us to achieve our best but not beyond anyone's individual limits. I had an injury and they modified everything for me, sometimes on the fly, to make sure I could still take part. They were also tons of fun and really brought the group together as a team. On top of that the other participants were a diverse and interesting group of people from all over the world who were a further source of support and motivation. I could say a lot more (stunning scenery, miracle massage therapists in the spa, delicious and healthy thai food...) however the results I got speak volumes: 3.2kg and 6cm from my waist lost in only 6 days (I missed a day due to illness) and with an injury! I already have plans to return later in the year to do it all again at a different fitness level and I can't wait :)

1  Thank Ellie T
Louise T, Manager at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Hi Ellie!

First off I would like to thank you for your review of Fresh Start Holiday Bootcamp. We are pleased to hear that our program exceeded your expectations :) and what a great idea to book an active holiday in February when the initial momentum from a New Years resolution might be slowing down a bit. Well done of getting some great results and for working hard throughout the week, I heard you were also in the gym at the hotel!
One reason for having a varied program is to introduce the guests to new activities that they might not have tried before. Muay Thai and Cardio Tennis are good workouts and great fun which helps you forget how much energy you are expending!

We hope to see you back here again in the future fitter than ever.
Best of luck back home in Hong Kong
Healthy regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I have just completed 4 weeks at the Fresh Start Bootcamp and it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. The programme is well organised and varied and the resort is beautiful. The trainers are all very attentive and the assistants are very helpful aswell. Everything from the food to the spa treatments was wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to kick start or improve their fitness regime. I have come away 8kg lighter and with many new ideas about continuing on my journey. Thanks for a great time!

Date of experience: February 2017
FreshStartHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Fresh Start Fitness Yoga & Wellness Retreat Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Hi Anne Marie

Thank you for your kind review of Fresh Start Holiday Bootcamp. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Fresh Start, got some fantastic results and importantly have the ideas on how to continue with your fitness regime back at home. It was a real treat having you around the camp the past month and we hope to have you back sometime in the future!

Healthy regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I've just done a 1 week bootcamp and come out of it blown away. I booked it just with 1 week notice and was no trouble at all. Being someone who exercises often I thought the program looked tough enough whilst having fun and discovering new places.
We not only did that but also met some great people in their journey to a healthier lifestyle who were really inspiring.
Our group varied between 30s to 50s, solo travellers most and some couples, from 8 different countries.
The Pavana resort offers hotel rooms and villas, and the facilities are terrific. The Sala 9 for circuits, yoga or pilates is fantastic, with great views. We had Anton and Ekk as instructors and they were brilliant. So many different workouts, from weights to body only, from hikes and bike rides to aqua gym, from freezbe and waterpolo to all sorts of team games and races. They push you but also go along with you, no matter your fitness level, everyone can do it at their own pace and we encouraged each other too!
Great healthy food, with no alcohol, was ideal too - although if you are not looking to lose weight, you need to top up every meal or even have a 2nd light dinner some nights (after great exercise day!).
Topped off by the lovely spa with daily massages and/or sauna, you get to recover in style every evening.
It was everything it says on their website and here on tripadvisor and much more.
I recommend to anyone regardless of fitness level, you discover so much and make so much progress every day, a great active holiday that will get you back home full of energy and a new you. 10 out of 10.

1  Thank Alfonso M

Hi Alfonso,

Thank you for your great and extensive review of Fresh Start Holiday Bootcamp :) We are happy to hear that you found the range of activities on the program pleasing and got some inspiration from the guests in the group that week. One great thing about Fresh Start Bootcamp is that you meet guests from all over the world and from all walks of life. Yes, the meal plans are designed for weight loss however if this is not a goal than there are ways we can work around that. Once again thank you for attending our camp and we hope to see you back in the future!

Hope all is well in Melbourne

Healthy Regards,