“Great imported steaks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Steak of the Day
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Mae Rim
Cuisines: European, Italian, French, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Great imported steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was recommended by the staff at Kiyora Spa. Ray is a genius! He really knows how to cook western food. I had the steak imported from NZ. It was cooked to perfection. The sides were excellent too. I recommend this restaurant if you are in the Mae Rim area. They also have some nice wines to go with your steak, which you have to purchase next door at House of Wines (HOW). They are an affiliate of the restaurant. Will definitely come back when I get a chance.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Worthy Reputation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went for the first time yesterday having heard so much about it and now I completely understand why. Truly fantastic food and really lovely service. The Restaurant should really be a must visit and I l very much look forward to returning very soon.

• Visited May 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good food. Simple & unpretentious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I heard about this place through TripAdvisor. I went out of my way to drive all the way to Mae-Rim (it's quite an effort to go there given the highway construction) and wow this place did not disappoint. At first when I saw the place I was skeptic. It didn't look like a fancy place at all ... nothing different from a typical street food place but boy I was wrong. The food they serve there was definitely one of the best I've had in Chiang Mai.

The chef, a former Four Seasons chef, and his wife run the place themselves. The menu is rather limited but the selection was ample. Meat lovers would definitely love this place as there are plenty of steaks: beef, Australian wagyu, pork, chicken and salmon, depending on what is on the "today's menu" board (hence why this place is called Steak of the Day, the menu isn't always the same). If you don't fancy meat there are also pasta dishes and tortilla rotis stuffed with cheese and/or bacon which I also found to be quite good.

There are two sets of menu: the standard menu which is quite low in prices (all below 130 Baht) which comes with fries and/or salad on the side and the "Steak of the Day" menu on the white board where prices range all the way up to 469. I myself have not tried the items on the standard menu yet so I won't comment. But as far as value is concerned, this is the best you could get in this town.

There will always be a place for your party if you come during noon. I was told that at night it's a completely different story as the place is often crowded. Keep in mind that this place is not air-conditioned and half of the restaurant won't stand when it rains. Like I said in the title, this place is all about the food, and probably nothing else.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Male
“How bad and good it can be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I hope this review will help you.
While I was staying in FS Chiang Mai, my friend took me for a lunch. The place owns by former Executive chef of FS CM. His and his wife working very hard to provide the best food in town. I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed. The presentation of the food and the taste is amazing like what you can have in Four Seasons. I was so happy that I met the couple. We had a fish fillet and a line juice and it was fantastic. Portion was really good. Well worth the money.
Congratulations to the beautiful couple who run the place. If I visit Chiangmai again I will definitely visit there.
Keep up the great work. You guys are amazing.

• Visited June 2013
“Yummy yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We have just moved to Chiang mai at Mae Rim district, north of Chiang mai. We were introduced to steak of the day by my brother who came here twice during his last visit in December and without doubt this restaurant serves sooo yummy food. Now we come here 2-3 times a week. I wish I could eat there everyday. We love the salad of course crispy Carsar, the pasta was so tasty, so mouthwatering even when I type this review. The salmon was lovely. I will sure have to try all the food there.

Highly recommended.