We are a family of 4. We booked 2 rooms for two nights in a Deluxe Lanna Cottage. We were expecting a very quiet place, secluded in a beautiful surrounding, definitely something special to end of our week stay in Chiang Mai: the hotel was not up to our expectation at all so we left one day earlier for that simple reason.
The cascade is nice, it's original to have it going through the hotel but that's all that needs to be said about it…
The restaurant area is typical, rustic and can be entertaining for the kids with all the birds rooming around ( peacock, roosters, geese ).
Regarding the rooms we were very disappointed from the beginning.
The main road is less than a meter away behind the cottages so we could hear every car passing by at night: not much sleep at night… Lots of noise also from all the mice/rats/other animals rooming around the roof during the night- just impossible to sleep.
We had a room with a jacuzzi outside but we could not use it: it could not be filled more than 1/3 before running out of hot water. Same for the outside shower, not much hot water. In December with 8-10 deg max at night it's hard to take a shower outside without hot water.
The rooms were clean but not to the expected standard, quite dark also.
The food was basic and not great. We ordered their special Chiang Mai curry with ginger and pork and it was served cold ( out of the fridge, straight on the plate without the help of the microwave - they offered to microwave it...). The fried dishes were better of course but the service was very slow and the kitchen closes at 8pm.
What I liked the most during my stay? Having my cup of coffee on the terrace with the peacock next to me and being able to leave earlier to come back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural Luxury boutique resort which is the perfect for private romantic honeymoon. The Resort lies on the sloping bank of a mountain stream in the verdant Chiangmai highland. Mountain water cascades over boulders in the stream, creating tiered waterfalls right below the Lanna-Balinese-style guest cottages and offers the blissful experiences of close-to-nature living, that will remain a cherished memory for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sawasdee, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sukantara Cascade Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukantara Cascade Resort And Spa
- Sukantara Cascade Hotel Mae Rim
- Sukantara Cascade Resort & Spa Chiang Mai Province, Thailand