“Home from Home experience”
Review of Atlantic Breeze

Atlantic Breeze
Ranked #3 of 14 Sunset Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I cannot express enough, my gratitude to Jo for her warm, freindly and welcoming hospitality, on my recent week long business trip. Her establishment is impecably clean, tastefully decorated and always has a feeling of comfort and relaxation. Breakfasts are more than sufficient with outstanding cuisine, also having Jo's personal touch.
She also attended to small requests with enthusiasm and energy.
Atlantic Breeze is truly an experience whether you are on holiday or business, I will definitely be staying there again in the future.
A heartfelt "Thank You" Jo for your freindliness and your effort, I couldnt express to you enough how much it was appreciated!

Room Tip: The Rhino room was tastefully furnished with an outstanding bathroom, everything I needed was on han...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Fanella-1, Owner at Atlantic Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Kevin, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to provide such a lovely review, it is much appreciated and also good for us to learn what we are doing right. I have some more guests in this week from your Company and again they are delightful people and I and my team will take good care of them. Hope very much, Kevin to see you again here and once again your feedback is invaluable. Jo

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I had such a great stay at Atlantic Breeze about a week ago and felt right at home with the excellent service i got from the TEAM.The rooms are neat and I love the garden area with the pool and braai area.It was nice to know that the beach was like 1minutes walk away from the guest house and not to mention the nearby shopping centre where you can get a variety of snacks and takeaways.

Atlantic Breeze 41 Bay Beach Avenue, is a must for your next Cape Town Trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Fanella-1, Owner at Atlantic Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you Esra for the time taken to provide this review, it is much appreciated. Particularly as you mention the team, as it is the whole team that help to make our Guesthouse special with a home from home atmosphere we try to create. Myself & my team are delighted with your feedback, thank you again and hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I held a small and intimate wedding reception for 36 people at Atlantic Breeze (and stayed overnight on our first night as a married couple). I cannot praise Jo enough for the spectacular venue, food and hosting that her and her team provided on our special day. Jo provided an exceptional and professional service which made our wedding day and night an absolutely amazing experience which I will never forget.
Our room (the Zebra room) was lovely and spacious, very clean and beautifully decorated.
The breakfast was one of the best I've had in ages!
Thank you Jo and Roy for such a wonderful party and stay.

Room Tip: They are all lovely - Zebra and Giraffe rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Fanella-1, Owner at Atlantic Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you both so much for deciding on Atlantic Breeze as your venue for your Special Day. It was our absolute pleasure to help create just the day you wanted. May we extend to you once again our very best wishes for good luck, much happiness and fine health - have a great life together, you are a special family.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at Atlantic Breeze with my mother for a week. The guest house is even better than it looks on the website! It's kept spotlessly clean and has a wonderful homely feel. Compared to hotels which I often find impersonal and bare, the guesthouse is beautifully decorated with African paintings and stunning photos of animals. Adding to the home from home experience was the service offered by Jo, the owner. She offers a very high quality and delicious breakfast of fresh fruits, cereals, yoghurts and pastries and cooks hot food to order, exactly how you want it. For example, french toast with fresh fruit, full English, smoked salmon scrambled eggs and more. She went to great lengths to make our stay the very best. My mother admired the large wooden giraffes she has in the hall and she arranged for 2 to be purchased and delivered to the guesthouse and even helped us wrap the 5 foot parcel so we could fly them home! She literally bent over backwards to look after us - service which i've never had anywhere else I've stayed.  She also has two gorgeous cocker spaniels who we loved playing with (don't be put off if you're not a dog fan - they don't have the roam of the house!).

In terms of location, Atlantic Breeze is just around the corner (2 minutes) from Sunset Beach. The beautiful sunsets prove why the beach has its name. We used the new bus service that goes directly into Cape Town in its own bus lane so avoids all traffic. The stop is just up the road from Atlantic Breeze and it was very easy to use. We enjoyed relaxing in the lappa in the evenings with drinks from the very reasonably priced honesty bar. The location offers a perfect combination of a delighted place to stay with a quiet location and lovely beach with easy access to the busy city and the sights, as well as the wineries in the hills.

If visiting Cape Town I'd certainly recommend staying at Atlantic Breeze. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a 6 night stay at Atlantic Breeze. We highly recommend it. A modern property, it is spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bedrooms are well appointed, each themed - ours was Zebra. Our hosts, Jo and Roy provided a warm welcome and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The location at Sunset Beach provides easy access to central Cape Town. We spent the first 2 days exploring Cape Town on foot and the hop on / hop off bus before hiring a car to visit Cape Point, Hermanus and the Winelands.. The Atlantic Breeze was excellent. Stay there if visiting Cape Town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed as per safari animals - bedcover/pictures etc. Our was Zebra and it was ve...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I came to Cape Town October 2011 for Archbishop Tutu's 80th birthday celebration and when I walked into Atlantic Breeze I knew I was home. I loved the animal themes for each room and I must say the rooms looked exactly like the photos on the website. The rooms are also spacious and very clean. It is a quaint location with the beach within a short distance of the back of the property. The owner, Jo; treated us like royalty. She served a tasty breakfast to order each morning without fail. The coffee was so good I ended up asking her to purchase some for me so that I could bring some back to Atlanta, GA. I enjoyed my stay and I plan to return!

Room Tip: the elephant room was the corner room; it was large and sunny
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I spent a weekend here, whilst in Cape Town. The lovely German owner, Karin, went out of her way for all of her guests. Breakfast was superb, what a spread! Loved the themed (incredibly clean!) rooms. One felt as though they were walking in a museum of African art whilst downstairs, Karin has certainly created a boutique B&B experience. One cannot forget Shorty, the staffie, who adds to the homely feeling you got when you stayed at Atlantic Breeze!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
#7 of 14 in Sunset Beach
Ocean 12 Guesthouse
Ocean 12 Guesthouse
#5 of 14 in Sunset Beach

Been to Atlantic Breeze? Share your experiences!