“Prime location. For Caloundra”

Windward Passage Holiday Apartments
Brisbane, Australia
“Prime location. For Caloundra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have been staying at windward passage for last couple of years for Xmas and love it rebooked for next year it's the best view of the sunny coast. It's walking distance for the shops ,markets , beaches, pubs, restaurants.
Cheers
Renee

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Shellharbour, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom apartments and it was perfect. Felt like a home away from home and plenty of room for everyone. It was my best friends wedding and we got ready in the apartment, and even with everyone there and hair and makeup artists we didn't feel on top of eachother. Also has 3 big balconies. Great price, great location, lovely staff, secure parking (2 car spots for 3 br apartment) 5/5!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked this apartment by mistake as I got my beaches mixed up, I really wanted to stay at Bulcock Beach and was disappointed when I found out my mistake. But once we arrived it was perfect, in fact better than Bulcock Beach as the location is a lot more peaceful. But having said that we stayed on Level 4 room 13 - this was a disappointment. The room was fine but the trees obscured the view and we had only limited views of the passage. Our room backed onto Landsborough Dr and also had a road running along side of our room for traffic to the park and boat ramp - don't expect to sleep in, it sounded like the cars were in our room. The location was perfect as it is a great stroll into Caloundra/Bulcock Beach for eating out and also the markets on Sunday are great. We would stay again, but definitely on a higher level and on the otherside of the building.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the same side of level 4 room 13 if you want sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My two brothers and I, with our wives, visited Windward Passage, Caloundra, Queensland, Australia for a few days last week. From the moment we arrived we knew that we had chosen well. The apartment has two double rooms and one twin with one double being en suite, and a shared family bathroom.
I could quite happily have stayed a month or more, it was so good. Spotlessly clean, well appointed, good parking and staff who made you feel important.
The penthouse apartment had fabulous views over the Pumistone Channel towards Bribie Island and the South Pacific Ocean! It was bright and breezy with the option if required of air-conditioning.
There was a little problem with our dish-washer but it didn't detract from our enjoyment.
Also, as we were preparing to leave on Saturday morning a fault in the fire-alarm system had folks assembling outside of the pool to await the arrival of the fire-service, All smiles and a great way to make friends!
One of the best points of this apartment block is its position more or less directly on the beach!
I can't share photographs yet but I will when I return to the UK in a few days time.

Room Tip: The higher up the building, the better the views. I suspect the road side might be somewhat noisier.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My daughter an I have just come back from spending a week at Windward Passage on Golden Beach and just fell in love with the place. We had an apartment on the fourth floor with those magic views across the Pumistone Passage, the Brisbane shipping channel and Bribie Island. The apartment was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and well equipped. It had two balconies, one of the main living area and the other off the main bedroom, both with stunning views of the water. A place to really rest, relax and revive. The staff were great and very helpful with bookings, and any queries we had. Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend Windward Passage to anyone wanting a wonderful relaxing holiday. Thanks again to Judi and Michael. We look forward to holidaying with you again in the future. Maureen from Mornington Vic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were blessed with the Penthouse... Magnificent views!
So spacious, beautiful breezes through the apartment to escape from the heat outside, 3 balconies. Everything you need for cooking etc, really thought out. Spa bath. Totally relaxing!

It is a 20 min walk around the waterfront to the main shops/restaurants/beach. We enjoyed this walk every day and often went further to explore and get exercise.

It looks like every room gets a view, just ask when you book, they are very helpful!

The staff were able to prebook a shuttle for us from the airport to the hotel and return. Made life a lot easier for us so don't be afraid to ask for help/advice too.

The only think I would say is that the beds in our apartment were a bit small.
I had a double in the main room. I had it to myself so it was fine, but a week is a long time to share a small bed on holiday... I am sure the beds are different sizes in different apartments :-)

I would thoroughly recommend!

Room Tip: Penthouse was fabulous although I think all rooms have views. Just check bed sizes.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We dropped on booking the penthouse top apartment for 11 nights in August 2013. Absolutely amazing views, both the sea and towards the Glasshouse mountains. The place was spotless with everything you needed for a perfect stay. Caloundra itself is a nice area, beaches very clean and the Town itself was also nice. Recommend the local RSL for meals and drinks.
If we ever venture to the Sunshine Coast again, we will stay here for sure.

Room Tip: Book the Penthouse if its free, you'll never regret it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 16 in Caloundra
Monaco
Monaco
#1 of 51 in Caloundra

Been to Windward Passage Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!