“Surely one of Caloundra's best views”

Caloundra Power Boat Club
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Golden Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caloundra Power Boat Club is a stunning waterfront venue on the Pummice Stone Passage Golden Beach. Open from 10am - 12pm everyday, we offer delicious club style meals, live music, craft beers and have a function space for up to 50 - 300 people.
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Excellent fish and chips coupled with good service and fantastic views. This establishment serves typical club food that seems very fresh (on the two occasions we have visited).

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Nice club frendly staff large gaming area great night time entertainment great food large deck area right on waters edge with great views

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I have been a member of this club for some years and always enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the relaxed atmosphere. I have found the meals to be only just OK - at the lower end of club food but the atmosphere ar always outweighed this shortcoming.
In November, we took some interstate guests to the club for lunch.
The "Fish of the day" was Bassa - overcooked and tasteless.
One of our guests had snapper - it was indistinguishable from the other fish!
Chips were soggy.
I had a burger - again fairly tasteless and underseasoned. There was a piece of metal in the meat of the burger. It was sharp and a piece of wire about 10mm long. It cut the inside of my mouth.
I took the dish to the kitchen and complained. They offered me a replacement but I opted for a refund. I did not cause a fuss but I asked that the matter be investigated because it could easily have caused significant damage.
I wrote to the club again voicing my concerns and asking that the matter be investigated to avoid a repeat. I have heard nothing back from them.
I am reasonably well travelled an have written several revues for TripAdvisor - I think always fairly.
I would not reccommend this venue for meals.

2  Thank jayvee1
Reviewed 18 February 2012

You need to be a member (or sign in as a "guest") to enter .. but don't let this hinder your visit, as visitors are welcomed. They have a small gaming section (about 30 pokies).

The deck area is a great place to sit, have a drink and unwind - it's located right on the beach and the northern tip of Bribie Island "protects" it (from waves & bad weather). Very peaceful - great view.

Food is satisfactory but you wouldn't really go there for a "night out" - it would be just for a casual meal. The eating area is mainly inside and you order at a counter and they deliver to your table. Most meals appear to be deep-fried (eg. schnitzels) rather than pan-fried. The salads and vegetables are fresh and the meals arrive quickly.

1  Thank Brissy2
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Views divine, good drinks list, bar staff friendly, food ok except for fish from a box...don't get it! Surely in Caloundra fresh fish can be sourced...

1  Thank Vegout111