“Excellent find”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

On the recommendation of a friend we went to dinner at Il Piccolo last week and were very impressed with the food, the atmosphere and the service. Our friends thought the food was very authentic and the prices were very reasonable. The BBQ calamari was to die for as was the veal and seafood, the deserts were excellent too. We intend to return to this restaurant and have no hesitation on recommending it to family and friends.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Lured here by good reviews and the convenient location while staying at Pelican Waters Golf Resort we were quite disappointed by the quality of the food and also the price. It was not value for money, especially considering the take away prices were half the price of eating at the restaurant! Seafood pancakes were terrible and another fettucini dish was only slighty better. My husband never leaves food on the plate, but it unfortunetly happened at this restaurant. Drive further to Caloundra!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hadn't been here for a while but took visiting family from overseas and was again impresses with the service, the food, the ambience and the value for money. Chef also allowed me to divert from the menu to have my favourite scaloppine marsala with a side of pasta. Will always go back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Ive been to il piccolo a few times, but recently went last friday night with my parents. For good italian food there prices are very reasonable. It is a great family owned and run business. Between 3 of us we had 2 entrees, 3 mains and 2 desserts and BYO drinks.
We had scallops and bacon and bbq calamari for entree, which was really yummy. For mains i had pork belly that was delicious and my parents had 2 different types of veal which was yummy too. for dessert tiramisu and creme caramel and the tiramisu was to die for and the creme caramel was nice and light. Im not sure why people have companied about food and service but I've never had it yet. Definitely worth a try if you love good italian food.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Whilst I read earlier reviews of this restaurant, I decided to give it a go, and by God, I'm glad I did! Although the decor and service may not imitate an authentic Italian experience, the cuisine was up there with the best I have experienced in a long time.

I has an entree and main, both encompassing seafood and red meat, and both were exquisite in taste and texture. They mixed well with an authentic 2009 vino nobile di montepulciano.

Tucked away inside a small arcade, Il Piccolo should be visited for a delicious Italian meal if in the area.