“Great Stay Beautiful Views”

Ramada Resort Golden Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Golden Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for 3nights and found it a wonderful spot not far from the more busy part of Caloundra, views and accommodation perfect for us, I must say that my only down side in the studio room was the size of the spa (yes i wanted a bigger spa to relax) and also that for if u wanted just a quiet night in there is no movie options in the room (yes u can hire from reception) but other then that right across the road from beach shop directly behind. All in all though had a wonderfu stay reception were very friendly and helpful would definately stay here again and recommend to friends and family

Room Tip: Stayed in a studio room on the top floor payed a bit extra for the view IMO worth it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am giving this review an "average" instead of a "poor" rating solely due to the pool and the view. I am a Worldmark by Wyndham owner and as such, my expectations for these properties is much higher than this property delivered. We (parents and 2 children aged 5 and 1) stayed at the resort from July 6-13. We were on the 6th (out of 10) floor and the views really were spectacular. It seems all of the rooms have an ocean view and the sunrise over the water really is breathtaking. Also, the pool is heated. It is large with several different depths for swimmers of all levels. It had a great water slide and what looked like a very nice jacuzzi.

The overall decor of the hotel is outdated but not ugly by any means. But the rooms were terrible. I tried every which way to get a 2 bedroom unit but I was not able to do so using my WM points or a combination of points + payment. It was strictly one or the other. Which is not necessarily the hotel's problem but they would have had a happier customer if they had tried to accommodate that need. The room was small but not too small for our needs. We brought a port-a-cot for our youngest and our oldest can easily sleep on a pull out sofa.

HOWEVER

The pull out sofa had a mattress on it that was at least 20 years old. It was thread bare on one side and the springs were actually sticking out of it on the other side. The springs on the actual pull out portion of the sofa were also worn out and caused the mattress to sag through in places. It was appalling.

The floor was SO FILTHY that all of our feet were black from having walked on it for only a few minutes. Imagine my one year old crawling around on it. His whole legs and clothes were black.

The square footage of the space is not bad, but it is terribly used. For example, the "bedroom" (closed off by strange sliding shutters that squeak) does not need to be in that odd hexagon shape. A squared off bedroom would add more living space. Also, although the patio was nice, it was unnecessarily huge. It seemed to me that when space is such an issue, perhaps the patio doesn't need to be so huge. Obviously these things are not an easy fix but they certainly added to our annoyance. There were no dressers or sufficient area to put our clothes. We stayed in the resort for a full week, and I imagine that many people do the same as these are holiday apartments and not just hotel rooms. I would recommend the resort finds a way to incorporate this. Especially with the lack of space, suit cases strewn all over only added to the problem. Also, the tack strips (sharp strips that hold the carpet in place where it meets the tile floor) were exposed in several places and we were all poked by them at some point. Even the baby. The queen size bed was incredibly hard.

The shops and restaurants across the way and nearby were great. We also took the opportunity to get some professional family photos done in the area. We used Emma Nayler [photographer] and she was amazing. If you're after photos while you're in the area, google her for sure!

Overall, having sung the praises of Worldmark to friends, family, and acquaintances; and having stayed in many Worldmark properties worldwide - I would have been embarrassed if I had brought a friend or family member with me on this holiday. It is an okay place to crash while you're exploring the region, but it is NOT up to the standard that Worldmark has set in it's other properties.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank kemnitzre
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at the resort for 3 nights. It is located at a quiet and peaceful spot which is not as crowded as other Sunshine Coast beaches. We stayed in a I bedroom spa apartment at the ninth floor. The views from the room were stunning. Can see the sunrise in the morning. The room was very tidy. We just wanted to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the views. Had a really good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to enjoy the views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed 1 night and we wish we had of stayed longer, the resort was beautiful. The rooms were fantastic, plenty of room for a couple. The balcony was a great size overlooking the water. The staff were friendly and the amenities were clean. The downfalls were the onsite restaurant with the only option of Thai, the food was ok. And the onsite parking, what spots were available were very tight otherwise we had to park around the back in another car park down the road a little. It's a family friendly resort which is great however the children in the pool were allowed to throw balls etc around and we were hit by them, the pool isn't big enough to allow pool toys/balls, Other then that the stay was perfect, so close to the water for a relaxing stroll at night. Can't wait to stay again...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristy B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed in a studio room on the 7th floor and could not have been happier. The room was larger than we expected and immaculately clean. The ocean views are spectacular, particularly at night. The bed was very comfortable and the in room spa was great. The kitchenette has enough facilities to make it possible to cook meals if you decided to do that rather than go out. (The Thai food from the attached restaurant was great though). All of the staff that we dealt with were friendly, courteous and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our short break away and will return again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

On arrival I was greeted by Bekky who was very helpful and seem to love her job, she was quick and efficient and made sure I felt welcome. For the four days I was here Nearly every time I came down to reception Bekky was on duty and she always had a smile on her face and was ready to help.

The only thing I wasn't aware of and think maybe the GSA's should start telling guests on arrival is that no room servicing is done unless requested and paid for. Being a GSA manager myself I make it a point that all my staff make the guests aware of these things from the beginning so there is no misunderstandings.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay, staff were very approachable and friendly the room was modern and had enough room to spread out, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.
Golden beach is a quieter town but nice and central for exploring the Sunshine Coast, perfect for a weekend away for two weeks away.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Natasha R
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This resort has never disappointed.

My husband and I frequently take short, weekend trips away, and continuously return here to Worldmark at Golden Beach. We love the location, the staff, the rooms and the facilities.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable, as are the resorts amenities, including pool and spa. The local shops/restaurants provide everything you need for the weekend, and central Caloundra is a short drive away for something different.

The views are spectacular, regardless of the weather!

We will continue returning to this resort as long as the standards are kept so high.

Room Tip: Have not experienced any 'bad' rooms here, of the many, many times we have stayed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Oaks Oasis
Oaks Oasis
#2 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Ramada Resort Golden Beach? Share your experiences!