“Something Special”

Italian Restaurant Villa Paradiso
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We've been visiting Villa Paradiso for over 20 years and now know the menu 'inside out'. However, this doesn't stop us from eating there at least once a week. The decor is over-the-top Italian, which adds to the ambience, the service is good and personable, without being 'in your face' and Georgeta, the chef, produces some beautiful food. My personal favourite is the calf's liver, served on a bed of mashed potato with crispy bacon and a port wine jus...delicious!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We visited this restaurant for a very special occasion and was very pleased with our choice. The decor was superb with a authentic Italian style. The food was delicious. We had mushrooms for starter although a little expensive they were define. Then we both had a chicken dish for main course which was very tasty and well presented. We both shared a chocolate brownie which melted in the mouth. Afterwards we were presented with a complimentary liqueur and a free bottle of wine on our return visit. We Would highly recommend this restaurant and we will be returning.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

good food but the day we went they were busy and were struggling to cope service wise.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

When you approach El Zocco you don't expect to find a restaurant like this inside. It has a tacky exterior and you walk up tiled stairs that are very chipped to get to the restaurants. Once you enter however you are greeted by a pleasant open air seating area with many restaurants to choose from. We chose this one as my mum loves it. I have to say we did too.

The fillet steaks we ordered were beautifully cooked and covered by a delicious sauce. The only slight problem I had was that I had ordered a medium steak, which when it was brought to me was definitely rare. This was ok for me, but wouldn't be for everyone. I also had a rich and gorgeous chocolate mouse desert, which I would recommend and we were brought our choice of complimentary spirit with the bill.

The service was friendly and faultless we weren't rushed, but whenever we wanted them they came quickly. The atmosphere was also great. This was a little expensive, but worth the price.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Went here Saturday 19th may for an anniversary meal for my parents... Great night. Food lush... Some things a little expensive. The avocado and prawn starter was massive... Enough for a main meal! Maybe they could reduce the starter potions, as all were big, and therefore reduce the prices, as this was the only negative in that starters are pricey. Steaks very nice, and chicken dishes too.
Restaurant is very authentic and italian, even had a lovely harpist, guitar player and Italian singers to serenade us! Lovely night!