“A lovely evening”

Meson de Calahonda
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Meson De Calahonda is located at the open Shopping Center (El Zoco) in the Urbanización Calahonda. It is decorated in a rustic Spanish Style.Our cuisine is a blend between the traditional Spanish style and a Mediterranean touch.We are a Spanish,Traditional Restaurant with moré that 20 years of experience!! Highly Recommended¡We Would like to invite you to try our mediterránean cuisine!!All our products are fresh and homemade!Lovely Food & Quality Prices.Excelence Wines Selection.
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect Spanish style food just like in the old days. Enormous plates. We had gambas pil pil and tapas for starters. As main course we had filet of sole, entrecote and the suckling pig. Everything very well prepared and very tasty. Best dinner around.

2 Thank AndersJonasson

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food 1st class”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have always enjoyed our meals here
Again food 1class I had the meson steak cooked just as I like it perfect ..
Only slight draw back could do with 1 more waiter as poor lad seemed to struggle because the place was full but I don t mind waiting when the food is that good plus I am only holiday so what's the rush

1 Thank R8gdp
Province of Malaga, Spain
“Not Up To Its Normal High Standards - An Off Day I Hope.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've been her a few times with the girls and normaly the meal and the Meson experiance is top draw ,I recently had a birthday meal here with the girls the food was ok but on this occasion something was missing , the staff weren't as attentive , I ordered the veal for my main but wasnt melt in the mouth it was chewy.
It was great to have my birthday meal with my friends but I felt a lit bit let down by the below normal standards.
But it's not all doom and gloom ........will I come back .......Yes my night must have been a one off , but with the summer just around the corner Mason needs to up its game and give the paying public the same high standards through out the year.
So on this occasion I can only award you 3 *** stars

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cuddslfc
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Caught on a bad night”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went for dinner Thursday 3 July 2014.
It soon became apparent that the restaurant had staffing problems on this evening.
After a wait of over 1 hr we where told that our starter was not available and would we like to re order. We decided to cut our losses at this point and go elsewhere .
It was unfortunate because the food we saw being served looked delicious with immaculate presentation , don't let this review put you off as I intend to visit the restaurant again one day, just make sure there is more than one waiter on duty as the waiter on Thursday was doing his best but was obviously overworked.

Dublin
“A little gem”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Messon de Calahonda is located in the El Zoco Shopping Centre. We decided to eat inside rather than on the Plazza outside. It is like an oasis. When you enter it from the busy Restaurant Plaza it is a traditional Spanish Restauarnt with a rustic style personality and character all of its own. We had dinner there last night. Both had Mussels Marinara for starters. They were delicious. For mains one had rabbit and the other suckling pig. Both were beautifully cooked and nicely presented. We had a wine that I hadn't come across before - a Sauvignon Blanc "Erasma" from Bodega La Soterrana, Rueda. If you enjoy Sauvignons, like I do, you'll really enjoy this one!
Rafael and Manolo are very welcoming and provided professional and warm service throughout the meal.
Prices were in line with other restaurants in the area.
Very clean throughout including the Servicios!
We will definitely return there in the near future.