“Awful”

Delphini Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Plaka
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are few places I would ever give a bad review but this is one of them. Staff out number guests - never a good sign with literally 100+ seats.
The staff argued and did not hide it from guests.
There are so many choices in Plaka - avoid this one like the plague

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The only good things about Delphini are the guy at the entrance touting for business and the view. The waiter was surly, grumpy and brusque, but not quite rude. The menu is huge which is always a worry and the food is genuinely terrible overall.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I had read the negative reviews and to be quite honest I had intended to avoid this place. When we got down to the area I didn't even realize it was the one I read about and we decided to eat here.

First off, we were greeted warmly by someone who I think is one of the family members. Like most of these guys they want to pull you into their restaurant, but he actually took his time chatting with us, and brought us over to where they had freshly caught octopus hanging to dry. We finally did sit, and opted for some fresh fish in addition to the octopus appetizer. Both were great, and it was nice sitting right along the water while we ate. Our waiter spoke very little English, and it made me wonder if that was why people thought the waiters were rude.

After dinner we walked around town for a while and then went back to our car which was parked by the restaurant. While my wife went in to use their bathroom the same guy who greeted me originally invited me over where he and I think his family were having dinner. He offered me a shot of what I hear is something like Greek vodka, but since I was driving I declined. Thinking back now, I kind of wish I sat down and hung out with them for a while.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered octopus as a starter which was served really burned and tasted only burned. We complained and the waiter took it away. 5min later another waiter brought back exactly the same octopus. I was quiet annoyed and brought it back and demanded that they take it off the bill. The fish we had as a main course was really good, though quiet expensive. In the end they wanted to charge us half price for the octopus?! We had to complain again before they took it off the bill. Sorry, but that's not acceptable.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Me, my wife, my niece and our two kids settled here for a lunch. The food was ok, however, when they brought a bill, we have noticed that they charged us 12 Euros for a grilled octopus which was like 8,50 on a Russian language menu which was presented to us at the beginning. I told them politely that on a bill of 52 Euros this was not a big deal but I was wondering why their menu showed a different price. The waiter denied that they had such a price even though my wife and niece also confirmed that they saw 8,50. He showed me a brand new menu with a price of 12 EU. I told him that I could see that but the one we were given before was an old one, so please find it. Then I walked to pay, and the waiter spoke to one of the managers, who started shouting loudly at me, then an older man appeared and started yelling at them. I thought, he was chastising his people for mismanaging write-in prices on their menus, but then he turned to me and started threatening me imitating that he was going to punch me in the face. I was stunned. Not being afraid as I have a second degree black belt, i took a fighting stance and told him to go ahead. Then he turned to the table and reached for the stones trying to throw them at me. That is where his staff grabbed him while still yelling at us. This was in the presence of two of my women and two children. We demanded that they call the police. Of course they didn't but continued to yell at us. Then I just threw 50 euros on their table and we left. This was the worst restaurant experience in our lives, ever!!!